My son of Gargamel Ambanja "Azriel Blue"!

I love that yellow around his lips man..Are you able to take him outside or is it still too cold? That'll make a world of difference on him!

I love that yellow around his lips man..Are you able to take him outside or is it still too cold? That'll make a world of difference on him!

still pretty cold up here. Today it was 28* in the morning. Thursday will be 62* as the high. So i assume soooon i'll be able to take them outside. And i have the perfect free range!!:D

summertree.jpg

still pretty cold up here. Today it was 28* in the morning. Thursday will be 62* as the high. So i assume soooon i'll be able to take them outside. And i have the perfect free range!!:D

summertree.jpg
Awesome free range dude!
Careful with hawks and other birds of prey though.

Here is a update video of my B.Dubia colony with some footage of Azriel towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVcjWD8ciM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He looks awesome in the vid man.

Awesome free range dude!
Careful with hawks and other birds of prey though.

He looks awesome in the vid man.

This is the city. I think i have only seen 2 Redtail Hawks, 1 Sharpshin Hawn, 1 Broadwing Hawk and a few Peregrine Falcons in the 20+ years living here (none of which in this area). I'll still be keeping a close eye on him while out in the tree tho.

So i was a little concerned with the amount of Yellow Azriel had been showing since he is sired by a blue body, purple bar Ambanja.I want the yellow in his cheeks and lips, but not his body.
Last month's pix of him
blue-1.jpg

blue3-5-12.jpg

Clifnotes: I have a separate bin of B.Dubia roaches that i feed to my Ambliobe panther Chance, i also feed Azriel out of this bin. These roaches get gut loaded heavily with a mix of Repashy BugBurger mixed with Dino-Fuel raptor and Greens and veggies shaken with Dino-Fuel Raptor (the claim is that it will promote yellows, oranges and reds which is what i want to enhance in my Ambliobe).

Well as of 3-10-12 i stopped feeding Azriel out of this bin. He just gets a mix of Crix and Dubias gut loaded with just fruits, leafy greens and veggies (no BugBurger or Dino-Fuel raptor, aside for the feeding of a single Dubia from Chance's feeder bin last week.).

He has had 2 sheds since, and the most recent was 2 days ago.. While cleaning his cage of the shredded shed, i found the face shed and it was yellow. I then looked at Azriel and he had much less yellow. He seems to have lost up to 70% of the yellow in his face, lips and body.

pic from this morning.
azrielnomoreyellow.jpg

His body is also showing deeper blues.
azriel-1.jpg

Dissclimer: I am in no way saying that the change is what's causing the "results". But i will leave him on this diet for another 2 months and see where it goes. If he looses his yellow, i will then put him back on "Chance's diet" to see if the yellow returns.

Jon his is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you explain what you are trying and the results that you get. Awesome guy you have there!

Jon his is absolutely beautiful. I love the way you explain what you are trying and the results that you get. Awesome guy you have there!

Yea so i was wrong!! lol

He completly flipped the script yesterday and was back with a lot of yellow. I'm soo confuzzeled!:confused:

He now got Chance's free range of a Ficus and a Schefflera. I forgot he was on it lastnight. Took him off to put him back in his cage to sleep the night and he looked like this.
blue2light.jpg

blue1-1.jpg

Blue-2.jpg

holy gracious! lol. gargamel had the yellow lips and some on his face, but your boy isn't showing hardly any of the reds! it's crazy how genetics work. and not that i've really seen much "yellow" on any of the females i've seen, but his momma didn't show any sign of that either. lol.

Lealiasfirstpic.jpg

he definitely has the white stripe from dad...

Gargamel.jpg

i see a couple shots of red on azriel, near his eye and top of his spine, but that's just crazy! lol.

holy gracious! lol. gargamel had the yellow lips and some on his face, but your boy isn't showing hardly any of the reds! it's crazy how genetics work. and not that i've really seen much "yellow" on any of the females i've seen, but his momma didn't show any sign of that either. lol.

Lealiasfirstpic.jpg

Gargamel.jpg

i see a couple shots of red on azriel, near his eye and top of his spine, but that's just crazy! lol.

Thanks for the pix jandie. He astually has red/purple spots in the lower portion of his baring.. But he only shows it when i give him a shower with warm water. Other than that he is Blue/Green alll over. There are days when his bars are very faint and he looks very Nosy Be'ish. lol

i actually kinda like it. He is a very calm Cham.

Lealiasfirstpic.jpg

Gargamel.jpg

Thanks for the pix jandie. He astually has red/purple spots in the lower portion of his baring.. But he only shows it when i give him a shower with warm water. Other than that he is Blue/Green alll over. There are days when his bars are very faint and he looks very Nosy Be'ish. lol

i actually kinda like it. He is a very calm Cham.

You can kinda see the red/purple in his baring here
blue1-1.jpg

yeah, that last picture you can definitely see it....maybe he'll just be a late late bloomer...lol...those other pictures are crazy though. lol. i really need to get on my family about some "good" pictures of trekkie - the boy we kept and gave to my niece....though, i know she's a fairly "basic" keeper as far as the diet goes and all that, so he's probly nowhere near azriel or herbert... have you had him around any receptive females? i know he fired up around your other cham.... who knows? lol. though you have to admit, he's gonna be a unique one. and quite the looker. ;)

yeah, that last picture you can definitely see it....maybe he'll just be a late late bloomer...lol...those other pictures are crazy though. lol. i really need to get on my family about some "good" pictures of trekkie - the boy we kept and gave to my niece....though, i know she's a fairly "basic" keeper as far as the diet goes and all that, so he's probly nowhere near azriel or herbert... have you had him around any receptive females? i know he fired up around your other cham.... who knows? lol. though you have to admit, he's gonna be a unique one. and quite the looker. ;)

i don't have any receptive females at the moment. Im sure he will develope just fine. Time and a lil TLC will tell.

Back
Top Bottom