FS: My entire setup w/ Male Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.

CammieNLeno

For sale is my complete 100% full Panther Chameleon setup. This is absolutely everything you need to care for such a stunning animal. I consider myself an expert at caring for chameleons, and this setup is a reflection of my time and money spent to correctly care for him.

Because of the size of the cage, this is for local pickup only - Denver Colorado, I cannot ship this anywhere.

First, I am selling this for a few different reasons, none of them include anything wrong with him or the setup whatsoever. I was recently laid off from work, and am going to be moving, and I just cant take him with me. It absolutely kills me to even consider selling this, but it is what I have to do.

About the chameleon:

His name is Sven, and was purchased from a local breeder in Colorado. Sven was hatched January 5th, 2008. He is a cross between an Ambanja and a Sambava. He has had no health issues whatsoever, and has a furious appetite. He eats crickets, superworms, silkworks, katydids (his favorite), and pretty much anything you put in front of him. I have raised him from 2 months of age up until now, and he is in great health. His coloration is still developing, but he is primarily a blue barred blue/green and shows oranges/red on his eyes/chin when fired up. I have recently seen pictures of his sire, and the colors are WILD!

About the cage:

His enclosure is a custom built by myself, and the dimensions are 30x30x45. It has a base and a hood, and is 3 pieces in total. The hood conceals all the lighting and misting system for a nice clean look. The base is missing its doors as I lost them in a move, but it can be covered with a cloth if desired, or completed if you are a handyman :) The base houses the draining bucket and the misting system pump and tank. The wood was treated with 3 coats of poly resign for a waterproofed treatment. The drainage system is simple, and its super easy to clean the cage. Just empty the drain bucket every night and you are pretty much set.

The backing was an arts and crafts project that has cocofibers covering foam coverd silicon then shaped wall with (sterilized) driftwood placed randomly to give it a live environment feel. There are 3 and 6 inch planter cups placed throughout the back for more planting. It is all waterproofed with and quite honestly, a piece of art itself. The cage comes with vines and all the sticks I have in there if you want them.

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

The screening is a soft plastic mesh that is great for the chameleons feet/nails as you dont have to worry about nail loss from fine screen. The downside to this approach is that you cannot free range your feeder, but that is easily fixed by a custom feeder cup that is included with the setup.

More info on the cage can be found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/svens-castle-lots-pics-10677/

Everything is automated in this setup – the lighting and misting system can run endlessly and self contained if you are away from the setup for a few days.

List of everything that is included:

• 14 month old Male Panther Chameleon
    Custom Built Enclosure (30x30x45)
    Baby Screen Cage (12x18x24)
    Herpmist Big Enchilada misting system, 110psi with 22qt Food Grade Reservoir. More info on this can be found here: http://www.herpmist.com/bigenchilada.shtml
    CAP ART-DNe Repeat Cycle Timer – quite literally “set it and forget it” The misting system plugs into this for a controlled cycled timing on the mist.
    (2) UVB tube lights with enclosures +- 5 months left before lights need to be replaced for strength
    On off timer for lighting system
    50w spot heatlamp with hood, new bulb
    Digital gauge for measuring ambient temp, humidity, and spot temp (for basking spot)
    Big and Little Dripper
    Large sized cricket keeper - 500 crickets to go with this
    Small sized cricket keeper for other bugs
    Feeder cup
    Suppliments:
    Rep-Cal Herptivite Multivitamins w/beta carotene
    Rep-Cal Calcium with vit D3 (phosphorous free)
    Rep-Cal Calcium without D3 (phosphorous free)
    Stickey Tounge Miner-all INDOOR w/d3 Multivitamin
    T-rex Chameleon Dust
    Various bits and peices - glue gun, extra meshing, etc

Here is a video of his coloration at 13 months of age: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZMcmtpZkVQ

I am asking $1,000 for the entire setup, which I feel is a very fair price considering that the cage is literally priceless.. i dont even know how to price it to be honest.

It kills me to even have to make this post, im absolutly gutted :(

Hello,
Would you consider selling sven w/o his setup. I recently lost my cham, and I want an older cham, but I already have a HUGE cage?
Thank you

I am sorry to hear you have to sell everything...I loved watching Sven in your youtube vids...:)

I used your cricket feeder cup video to make mine...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom