My son of Gargamel Ambanja "Azriel Blue"!

JonRich

Figured i'd make a weekly pic thread for my Ambanja also.

He is 2.5 month or so . Sire is Gargamel and the Dame is of the Dr.Gonzo line.

Got him to handfeed today. He will not cupfeed for the life of him! So it's either free-range or by hand!

He is due for a shed any day now.
Few pix. 2 pix messing around in instagram and the other 2 are the originals(untouched)..

Also a video of him being handfed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdhnUU7jHy4&context=C3710b4aADOEgsToPDskLdfmNJDkNdTSEUSR2xgdyk

Attachments

• AzBlue.jpg
    AzBlue.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 470
  • AzBlue1.jpg
    AzBlue1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 434
  • AzBlue4.jpg
    AzBlue4.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 524
  • AzBlue2.jpg
    AzBlue2.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
awe he looks great. Gargamel was the chameleon who died being shipped right? If that is the cham I am thinking of, he was one of the prettiest ambanjas ever. I hope yours will turn out like him!

awe he looks great. Gargamel was the chameleon who died being shipped right? If that is the cham I am thinking of, he was one of the prettiest ambanjas ever. I hope yours will turn out like him!
Yea, He was on his way to his new owner and got stuck in the back of a FedEx truck in the heat and passed away!What a waste,he was a great looking Ambanja. I was lucky to get this one. I wasn't planning on getting a 3rd Cham this soon.But when i saw that Lance had one of his babies.I had to jump on it!

He looks great. I love the video of him hand feeding!!:)

He shoots his tongue soo hard that he was zaping crickets on the mesh and i thought he was going to cut his tongue. He won't cupfeed, so i try to place crickets on his vines, and he just picks thoes off. Today i was putting on in and he just zapped it out my hand. Tried it again and he took about 6 in a row.:)

Cute little guy! He has some nice barring and patterns. :)

I love his baring. He has one full V on either side right behind his front legs,and then 3 stripes behind that V towards his tail. I can't wait for this shed to see what color he puts on. His bars are identical on both sides.

Ha, I don't blame you. I had conversed with the owner when she was selling Gargamel but I have stood my ground for about two years now in just keeping one cham and passed once again!. I don't know how I have done it!!! lol! I was just heartbroken when I saw he had died in shipment. Well, you will have to keep us updated with pics, and again if he could be half as pretty as his sire you will have a great looking cham!

Ha, I don't blame you. I had conversed with the owner when she was selling Gargamel but I have stood my ground for about two years now in just keeping one cham and passed once again!. I don't know how I have done it!!! lol! I was just heartbroken when I saw he had died in shipment. Well, you will have to keep us updated with pics, and again if he could be half as pretty as his sire you will have a great looking cham!

I can't wait to see him mature and put some color on.
Well i have space for 3 Chams. My plan was to get themall over time. lol That lasted 3 months! My wife usually stops me from going overboard, but with this she is all for it!! Im doomed!

I have nooo idea how you just have one. My goal was to have 3-4 drasticly different Chams. Well 4, But i'll wait till i have room for another to get my Nosy Be or Faly!:rolleyes:

Im scared to open the "RAMPAGE" thread that Chameleon's Finest has of his Faly!!

Last edited:
Dude, he is looking sweeet.. I havent seen my guy since wednesday cause im in north carolina on a ski trip.. I'll see the video when i get back home
Figured i'd make a weekly pic thread for my Ambanja also.

He is 2.5 month or so . Sire is Gargamel and the Dame is of the Dr.Gonzo line.

Got him to handfeed today. He will not cupfeed for the life of him! So it's either free-range or by hand!

He is due for a shed any day now.
Few pix. 2 pix messing around in instagram and the other 2 are the originals(untouched)..

Also a video of him being handfed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdhnUU7jHy4&context=C3710b4aADOEgsToPDskLdfmNJDkNdTSEUSR2xgdyk

Dude, he is looking sweeet.. I havent seen my guy since wednesday cause im in north carolina on a ski trip.. I'll see the video when i get back home

I can't wait to see yours grow. See how similiar or different they are. Always good to know someone with a clutchmate!

Did you get a name for yours yet?

I kept with the Smurf theme and went with Azriel. My kids call him "Blue". So "Azriel Blue" it is. Also fitting that Azriel is a cat and he is a Panther. lol

Donno if you can tell, But my 2 year old (today is her Bday)was playing with a LeapFrog game and there was a Big Cat raw rite when he took the cricket.

I can't wait to see yours grow. See how similiar or different they are. Always good to know someone with a clutchmate!

I kept with the Smurf theme and went with Azriel. My kids call him "Blue". So "Azriel Blue" it is. Also fitting that Azriel is a cat and he is a Panther. lol

Donno if you can tell, But my 2 year old (today is her Bday)was playing with a LeapFrog game and there was a Big Cat raw rite when he took the cricket.

This is so awesome! =) I LOVE the name! =) I'm so happy still getting to see the babies grow and everything through people on the forum and Lance has been awesome about staying in contact and sending us pictures of all of them. =)

I kept one of the Gargamel males for myself. He grew faster than the rest. His coloration is drastically changing nover the last two weeks.
SO you can see how the other males coloration will be headed.

Attachments

• Ambanja holdbackgargamel.jpg
    Ambanja holdbackgargamel.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 214
I had no say in the name, my gf calls him Herbert haha. I'll get some pics of mine when I get back home. On tuesday i took him outside and his bars were turning red and had red rain all over his belly. Sooo cool. I have pics of that but no way to get them on he forum for now.

I kept one of the Gargamel males for myself. He grew faster than the rest. His coloration is drastically changing nover the last two weeks.

That is how my guy is looking, just that mine is a little smaller

i'm still working on getting my niece to set up an account on here....we kept the biggest male of the group, who was showing some good color, and took him to KY for her...name is Trekkie. =) Doesn't exactly stay with the Smurfs theme, lol...but we'll have to work on getting some pictures from her too!

thanks for the email! =) glad you decided to hold on to one of them! i think i've decided i'm pretty fond of ambanjas as a whole.... =)

That is how my guy is looking, just that mine is a little smaller

Lance and Alejandro! You guys are no longer allowed to post in this thread. lmao! j/k. Your guys look soo much bigger and nice color!!But i have no doubt my little runt will come around!

I have been having some issue keeping his humidity levels stable in the mesh cage and keeping him hydrated. The air in my home is soo dry with the winter air and heat and all.

I am going to take my Ambilobe (he is a lot bigger and will fair better in a mesh cage) out of the ExoTerra glass viv and put the Ambanja in there.

This is so awesome! =) I LOVE the name! =) I'm so happy still getting to see the babies grow and everything through people on the forum and Lance has been awesome about staying in contact and sending us pictures of all of them. =)

Figured you would like this. Nothing like getting to watch your "kids" grow up.

Congrats looking good
Thank you Sir!

yeah, it's awesome to see the babies! especially since these were our first clutches! =) too bad i can't get a thread running of all of our kids..lol....since we had 4 different clutches altogether!

yeah, it's awesome to see the babies! especially since these were our first clutches! =) too bad i can't get a thread running of all of our kids..lol....since we had 4 different clutches altogether!

4 from Gargamal?

were they all 100% Ambanja? Because i did rear that you had a Ambilobe x Ambanja clutch.

Back
Top Bottom