My son of Gargamel Ambanja "Azriel Blue"!

;) He's got very nice colors for his age. He's gonna give his daddy a run for his money!

Thanks , i sure hope so. Im just going to let him do his thing. He will transform when he is ready. He has been putting on some size lately. Im happy about that. He eats like a piggg!!

Looking good
:cool:
Thanks. Hopefullyin the next few months he will turn into a stunner.

He is sooo calm and easy going. Nothing bothers him. I have never seen him show any signs of aggression.

he is quite a handsome man! =)

his momma and daddy were both really easy to handle and never gave us any problems - glad to hear he took after them. =)

he is quite a handsome man! =)

his momma and daddy were both really easy to handle and never gave us any problems - glad to hear he took after them. =)

Well i spoke to soon. He hasn't shown any aggression towards me, but he is in view of my Veiled and yesterday i brough my Ambliobe around and he fired up.
standoff.jpg

newblupuff.jpg

newblucurl.jpg

newblu.jpg

he is actually going through a shard as we speak. will update once the shed is over. This is a pic right b4 the shed.
bluesale.jpg

He looks nice man! Hopefully after the shed he will look even better.. My Herbert hasnt grown in a while, but Sparky my masoala is huge! :)

He looks nice man! Hopefully after the shed he will look even better.. My Herbert hasnt grown in a while, but Sparky my masoala is huge! :)

He has been putting on a lotttt of size in the past month. I have been paying close attention to him. He is a pig and will eat ANYTHING i offer. He is now spoiled on B.Dubias and will not take crickets unless he is sure there are no Dubias to come. lol

He has tons of pesonality. He is super layed back and never fires up. But he head-bobs every time he sees any of my other Chams. He also dropped a sperm plug last week. He is a little horn-dog.

good looking little boy. my niece just emailed me - i sent her some worms and stuff to help vary her little boy's diet, and she said he has no interest in any of them yet.... he seems kinda small... so thought maybe that would help. but he did recently shed and he's looking a little bigger now. lol.

good looking little boy. my niece just emailed me - i sent her some worms and stuff to help vary her little boy's diet, and she said he has no interest in any of them yet.... he seems kinda small... so thought maybe that would help. but he did recently shed and he's looking a little bigger now. lol.

Same with my guy, very sloww growing. He is on a little growth spurt recently tho.He has been eating and putting on some good size and color. Just so happens this was rite around the time I switched his staple feeder from crickets to Dubias.

Hey Jon, Komet is slow growing as well, and super slow on the colors. I wonder with the cooler weather if everything slows a bit? Random I know, I'm hoping Komet will pick things up.
OR...are we just used to looking at our bigger, brighter chams so its an illusion that they are slow growing/coloring?
anne

I missed this thread, he is beautiful! Look forward to seeing him grow :)

Wow Suzi this is one you don't want to miss.
Jon you have done awesome with your Chams and this one just blows me away every picture I see of him!

Hey Jon, Komet is slow growing as well, and super slow on the colors. I wonder with the cooler weather if everything slows a bit? Random I know, I'm hoping Komet will pick things up.
OR...are we just used to looking at our bigger, brighter chams so its an illusion that they are slow growing/coloring?
anne
I think his growth and color are normal, If not average. I can't even compare him to Chance . Chance is a freak of nature! He is still growing and shedding every 2 weeks like clockwork. I did Raise Azriel's basking spot temp to around 88* from 84*. He has been eating more and his poop looks more digested ( it was solid b4 but wet looking. It's now dencely packed with just exoskeleton material). I assume he is just getting the most nutrients out of every bug he eats and it reflects in his recent growth spurt.

I missed this thread, he is beautiful! Look forward to seeing him grow :)
Thanks . He is starting to show a Lott of yellow in his cheeks and lips , along with reds and maroons in his bars . I just can't seem to be able to get it show in pix.

Wow Suzi this is one you don't want to miss.
Jon you have done awesome with your Chams and this one just blows me away every picture I see of him!
I'm trying all I can to try to bring the best out of him. I just switched from crickets to B.Dubias and I'm finding them a little hard to gutload on the gutload I was using for my crickets. I have had to switch things up a bit , one of which is to use more fresh greens shaken in DinoFuel and the ones that I feed off, I mist them with water then shake them in a dust of Dino-Fuel and Repashy cal plus daily.

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow updates. I have just been fattening him up on Dubias lately. He is starting to show a lott of yellow in his lips, cheeks and over his front shoulders and back.

blue3-5-12.jpg

blue13-5-12.jpg

slightly older pic (about a week prior to the ones above)
roachblue.jpg

wow...absolutely LOVE that last picture! =) ironically, when we first got gargamel, we were worried there was something wrong with him because of the yellow on his mouth...lmao...didn't know it was "ok" until later...haha...

wow...absolutely LOVE that last picture! =) ironically, when we first got gargamel, we were worried there was something wrong with him because of the yellow on his mouth...lmao...didn't know it was "ok" until later...haha...

it's a lil weird. You can see it a little bit in the first pic, but it's more noticable in person. He is showing a lott of yellow in his body too (inbetween the bars on his upper back)

Back
Top Bottom