Slow Grower, or is something wrong with my care..

somthings not right..im pretty knowledgable on grams, ounces, and pounds(LOL)..your scale is WAAAAY off...

Okay, so this thread is older, but I need to update it. Cortez has since gained 8-9 grams from this thread. He is a slow grower but he's gaining slowly. I was worried about parasites and have a vet appointment set for him later in the month, just for a basic check-up. He still eats smaller crickets, but I also feed the medium sized crickets that I find in with the large crickets I get. I'm assuming with the weather changes, they have a harder time growing up in the north if that is even possible. I have a humidifier and a heater running about 10 hours out of the day to help keep everything up to par for the Panthers. Of course, he loves his showers. :)

-Zac

Okay so here is an update on Cortez. He has shed since the last update and is incredibly blue! He shows much of the Nosy Be traits but comes off as Ambanja to me. He has gained 6 grams in the past two weeks. The gut-load from SpiffyBugs.org is amazing for gut-loading!

Here is a chart of my weigh ins.

So I got my critters weighed:

February 12th:
Cortez (Male 50% Nosy Be x 25% Ambilobe x 25% Ambanja Panther Chameleon) - 19 grams
Scooter (Female Northern Black Knob Sawback Map Turtle) - 35 grams
Dwight (Male Nosy Be Panther Chameleon) - 50 grams
Nigel (Male Veiled Chameleon) - 14 grams

February 28th:
Cortez (Male 50% Nosy Be x 25% Ambilobe x 25% Ambanja Panther Chameleon) - 25 grams *gained 6 grams*
Scooter (Female Northern Black Knob Sawback Map Turtle) - 37 grams *gained 2 grams*
Dwight (Male Nosy Be Panther Chameleon) - 57 grams *gained 7 grams*
Nigel (Male Veiled Chameleon) - 14 grams *gained/lost 0 grams*

Just a bit of comparison.

If his appetite is good, normal feces and is gaining weight but slowly...Just give him some time. i dont think parasites are in the mix IMHO.

If his appetite is good, normal feces and is gaining weight but slowly...Just give him some time. i dont think parasites are in the mix IMHO.

He was stuck at 10 grams for months. He has normal bowel movements and eats like a horse. I did give him larger crickets so that might be a bit of a help. I never really thought that he had parasites.

Back
Top Bottom