Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Hi all! Just downsized my enclosure. Trying out an explorarium. Able to hang it anywhere for sunning. Using only a UVB lamp as i live in tropical weather and and able to sun him most times. Using fake plants now, found that humidity dropped a notch... Got my eyes on that. Keeping it bare bottomed. easy to clean. I remove and spot clean everytime i see faecal matter. I have exoterra's monsoon which i do not trust anymore. Regular misting using bottle sprayer. so far so good.. i think my senegal likes his new environment. hopefully it goes well!

Attachments

• Photo 12-10-13 11 50 09 PM.jpg
    Photo 12-10-13 11 50 09 PM.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 390
  • Photo 12-10-13 11 56 38 PM.jpg
    Photo 12-10-13 11 56 38 PM.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 525
Frank and his house..

i just finished building frank a new house. 24"x24"x48" no water or drain system just yet but i'm thinking about it.

Attachments

• IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 402
AquaZamp R&D

This is my current setup. Down to just one chameleon, one of my first. Steve, from Steve Sims. Hes an oldie, but a goodie!

You can see I am using the AquaZamp LowProfile RainDome in the middle there. The linear and CFL 'daylight' lamps are dimmable and operate off of my new EcoZone Vivarium controller (the newest version). Lights are on a 60 minute fade. This is a link to the DIY thread for changing the ballast in the DIYcages.com fixture: https://www.chameleonforums.com/diycages-ballast-change-65121/

This setup has really given me a chance to 'sample' my own system and really get a feel for how it works in real life. Before I had my nozzles and raindomes hooked up to a huge system that never ran out of water or had to be refilled. I really really justifies my choices in the 'design' of my system. Having the reservoir not be tied to the pump and able to be taken to a sink or bathtub to be filled or cleaned out and not having to disconnect any tubes or wires. I just kick myself when i let the system run dry... I should be better about that lol :p no damage, just silly forgetfulness.

Enclosure Update

What did you use at the bottom? Looks very natural, almost like sphagnum or ivy.

I used ivy, cannot decide however if I want to change it to another base plant. I also have changed up a bit...

I added new home-made feeder keepers...

20131020_205156.jpg

And changed 3 of my baby tears to this gorgeous plant...Tillandsia cyanea

20131017_115438.jpg

The middle enclosure houses my female Ambilobe and on either side are my other Ambilobe (Males on either side)

I am happy with this enclosure for the time being, when I buy a house, I plan on having a room designated for free-ranged chameleons :)

I used ivy, cannot decide however if I want to change it to another base plant. I also have changed up a bit...

I added new home-made feeder keepers...

View attachment 87957

And changed 3 of my baby tears to this gorgeous plant...Tillandsia cyanea

View attachment 87958

The middle enclosure houses my female Ambilobe and on either side are my other Ambilobe (Males on either side)

I am happy with this enclosure for the time being, when I buy a house, I plan on having a room designated for free-ranged chameleons :)
Tillandsia cyanea really is beautiful. I used to have a couple, you'll love them. They pup pretty easily as well.
Do you not have dividers between the three enclosures?

My kinyongia vosseleri current set up. I have a small but full umbrella tree in a large repti breeze cage with one large and one small vine twisted around so he has a perch for both uvb and basking lights. Also I have found he enjoys the different sized branches so I added de-barked pesticide-free cedar twigs as well. Some pics might be a little dark as the lighting was difficult.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/bgj.JPG/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been working on my outdoor enclosure for a couple of months. Its 6'x3'x6'. I used 1/4'" pvc coated hardware cloth that is 36" wide. I planted a couple sheffleras, have a weeping fig style ficus, and one big pothos that will go in this week. Misting system will be on a timer hooked up to my outside nozzle. One of the misting heads will get an extension that will automatically fill up a big dripper. Big dripper will be hung on the left side of the enclosure. Bottom of enclosure will be covered w/ nice river rock. I'm also planning on installing a camera or two so I can keep an eye on things while I'm not at the house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=HL1382902810&v=ezIGUIgpGNw&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.chameleonforums.com/outdoor-enclosure-model-636-ver-1-a-118915/

Cant we get this thread going again?! Need more inspiration!:D
I´ll start with my current veiled setup:
Nothing special, got a very small amount of foliage since she is so little still.
DSC_0598.jpg

Rango's new enclosre.

Well it's been a long time coming but we finally have the improved home for rango!!!

Attachments

• WP_20131201_011.jpg
    WP_20131201_011.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 448
  • WP_20131201_009.jpg
    WP_20131201_009.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 391
  • WP_20131201_001.jpg
    WP_20131201_001.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 346
This is not finished

The water will drip into the pan and roll down the slanted table into a funnel that will direct the water to a britanfilter and then back into the high pressure water mister , making a closed system , I want to use some of he water for the driller system so I have to make a rig but I'm going to be super clever about this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 422
Some landscaping this afternoon

Nahla 7 months me and my 5 year old Olivaih went to the woods and got some cool vines for the chams and the baby crested

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 390
Nahla

She has grow double in 2 months never leaves any live critters in her cage constantly hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 347
Ali

Just added a few small vines the ficus i got from LLL is doing well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 377
Ali

This guy is huge and since he has hit the 7-8 month mark he has darkened up alot

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 264
Back
Top Bottom