Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Did you make the ladders on your own? What did you use to attache the steps to the frame/sides? the bamboo you purchased was malleable enough to curve, or did you have to soak it before you were able to curve it? Very very intricate setup, well done!!!

Interested in knowing this as well

Set up. ready to go

Attachments

• .jpg
    .jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 655
Home Made!

Made from a bathroom (towel/wash cloth) type shelf and built the aluminum screens myself. Did I save money? No not really but that was not my intention, I just like "attempting" to be crafty. Its for a 2-2.5 month old Sambava Panther til she is ready for her forever home. This was my first attempt ever at making a screen, much more difficult than I thought. I had to scrap few attempts. I do still have a lot of screen left over so that is a good thing. I feel confident in building a big set up now any suggestions? She has a free range area with screened sunlight also, she gets at least 3 hours of natural sun right now daily, in addition to her UVB 5.0. The habbitat does have a top its just not on in the picture, the bottom is removable as well. I have a Pothos plant but I re potted with all natural soil and river stones but I don't want to put it in right away. There are two small live plants in there now. Anyhoo, I am glad I built it as apposed to purchasing a regular retail home.

IMG_20130902_135444_437.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20130902_155443_415.jpg
    IMG_20130902_155443_415.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 413
new setup

just set up logos new cage and plants he seems to enjoy it so fare . he gets a whole room to him self lol hes in the pic on the right side

Attachments

• plANT 002.jpg
    plANT 002.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 364
My 2 Enclosures as of today LOL

2013-09-21 13.57.30 HDR.jpg

2013-09-21 13.57.40 HDR.jpg

1. Myriam - Veiled female - Reptarium that I have added the Sheffelera today. Also has a watering vine. Digging bin there for her if she needs it. 24" x 30" x 30". Mercury Vapor light as well as a small CFL Reptisun 5.0 on the left side for a bit more light. Mix of drip, hand misting (which she despises) and fogger for humidity. I removed the Softtrays liner from the enclosure and added to 14.5" square planter trays and just to be safe underneath it i have a waterproof disposble bed liner,(like a puppy pad). I have the enclosure on a wooden table and didn't want to risk too much escaped water. I bought them for about $5 for 30 and I can change them out every few days or as needed.

2. Ziggy Stardust - Juvenile male Ambilobe - 16 x 16 x 24 Reptibreeze. 20" Reptisun 5.0 Florescent. Blue daylight/heat bulb, that at times I will switch out for a ceramic heat emitter. For this enclosure I cut an 8" diameter hole in the PVC bottom and then in the top of the utility cabinet. I sat a 5 gallon bucket on the shelf inside and set a Hibiscus into there and it can drain into the bucket. Thanks to someone on here for that awesome idea. I mounted a Paly Orchid on natural cork and mounted that to the back of the Reptibreeze with floral wire. Mix of drip and fogger and hand misting for water and humidity.

I have 2 magnetic Bearded Dragon feeder ledges that I use for the feeding cups and have found that if I drip water on the edges both chams like to lap it up from there.

I am able to keep 3 small rubbermaid type containers with Crickets, Dubias and Supers in the bottom of the cabinet. Nice to have them out of sight.

I do want to say that all of my DIY work cutting PVC was done with totally inappropriate and mostly ineffective tools and lots of determination!!!
They both seem content to explore the new designs and I am glad to finally have live plants with some decent drainage.

Very simple drainage.......:D cut a little hole in the middle of each tub and it falls right into the bucket!

This is what i got so far. New screen cage should arrive next week. Really dont like the zip up so the one on the left will end up being a 18x36. Eventually plan on either adding a 18x36 on the right. Or if I add a new local do 24x48 then the 18 next to it.

1385567_2235741210665_178144816_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom