Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

So I haven't seen very many pictures of chameleons in the repti breeze iguanarium if any at all. So I thought I would show some pictures of my male ambilobe in his new permanent home. The dementions are 48x36x18. It takes a lot of misting to keep up humidity but well worth it.

this is a sweet setup, one of my favourites on here. What do you feed and do they get out of the cage? Do you use a feeding cup so they kind of stick around there???

ememugu6.jpg
a8upa5ut.jpg
mu3emy7u.jpg

So this is pretty well organized chaos! Our female panther seems to love it though. We have fake vines, dried sticks/branches, live plants, silk flowers/vines and so far she seems to climb on everything.

She sleeps on the live plant. She drinks from it as well but no where else. Something I've learned is that having a live plant is key to housing a panther. Seems like a great place to hide and sleep for our little Jack!

We obviously made this enclosure. It is 48 x 48 x 22 inches and is all mesh. But is surrounded on 3 sides, so isn't to drafty. We don't have any drainage as we are new to this hobby and didn't know it was needed so we just drip our little dripper into a bucket within the enclosure and mist freely. We plan on getting a shower curtain but have yet to do so. Drainage is a priority for sure but it is hard to determine what to do to reduce the amount of space we will need to take from the cham while doing so.

Thanks for looking!

Thank you very much, it was a tough choice deciding to buy this but it has been well worth it so far. I cup feed primarily because his food would definitely be able to escape, even the big boy crickets could escape no problem. I had to drill some holes at the bottom to provide drainage. I'm going ti hook up a mist king that I just ordered and a diy humidifier fogger. Ill post some pics of all of my enclosures once everything is all set up.

this is a sweet setup, one of my favourites on here. What do you feed and do they get out of the cage? Do you use a feeding cup so they kind of stick around there???

work in progress
I took a EXOterra and built a reptibreeze extension... 18x18x50" !!!

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a lot of these look homemade. Do you use old cabinets, pantries, etc or what? Could I turn a bread pantry into an enclosure? If so, I'd love some ideas, if possible blueprints would be fantastic! I'm loving all these cages!

Finally have Bane's baby terrarium and his adult cage setup and almost finished. Still want to add LOTS more walkways in the front open space of his adult cage. He already LOVES his little terrarium though :D

Sry for crappy iphone pics. My DSLR needs a new battery ;)

odQlrRBl.jpg

ej4izSOl.jpg

mXauIRZl.jpg

07AN7khl.jpg

uBLJLd5l.jpg

ZOMxd47l.jpg

Finally have Bane's baby terrarium and his adult cage setup and almost finished. Still want to add LOTS more walkways in the front open space of his adult cage. He already LOVES his little terrarium though :D

Sry for crappy iphone pics. My DSLR needs a new battery ;)

odQlrRBl.jpg

ej4izSOl.jpg

mXauIRZl.jpg

07AN7khl.jpg

uBLJLd5l.jpg

ZOMxd47l.jpg

Nice!!! That's a bromeliad, right?? Are they safe? Would love to put one in mine

Even though not on the list, lots have housed chams with broms in the past with no issue. Plus, Panthers aren't typically known for eating plants like Yemens do. Thanks!

Niels

Are those terrariums still going now? And with those natural setting are your chameleons breeding regularly without manipulation such as your colony of Rieppeleon brevicaudatus or Rhampholeon spinosus?

Kind Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Furcifer pardalis ambilobe red bar home :)

Zoo-med Reprobreeze for little one...:)

Attachments

• Obraz 477.jpg
    Obraz 477.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 422
  • Obraz 475.jpg
    Obraz 475.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 438
  • Obraz 495.jpg
    Obraz 495.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 438
Back