Is this an infection?

If you are only feeding 3 feeders she will not grow properly. While yes not feeding 30 feeders a day is important you will find most Veileds will easily take down a dozen feeders when they are growing. Mine would take down 15-18 crickets. While I never aloud more then that because he would have done it when they are young they have to eat.

I know you think the cage is good and there is plenty of cover. It really is not. They have been known to eat the fake flowers. You would be surprised at how much force a young cham has when it comes to going after something they want. They will try to chew on the fake plastic plants as well. This can be damaging to their mouths. Causing infection leading to mouth rot if they cut their mouth on a fake plant. You have only had her 1 day. Trust me she will go after the plants.

Bacteria will still grow in the carpet if you clean it or not. It is just asking for issues moving forward if you choose to keep it.

Again I am giving you my feedback as someone who has chams. What you think may be fine and the research that you have done well respectfully this is not entirely the right way of approaching chameleon keeping. However this is your choice we just point out the things that can or will cause issues for your cham.
Okay I’m going to do everything I can to improve on it. I don’t want to be a bad chameleon owner.

Back
Top Bottom