Veiled Chameleon showing signs of lethargy

The vet said look liked a make cask shape color pattern and bulge after the vent but said it was still hard to tell. But you are right no tarsal spurs. I’ve been giving 30 mins of natural light and will be doing that for the next 5 days she/he is much more active and loves the light
I agree with Beman here. She looks really stressed out, and light through a window doesn't give proper UVB. I'd leave her alone in her cage for a while, with lots of small insect food options, and let her settle down. Those dark spots are "upset" colors.

Also agree that your cham is a female. That the vet didn't know about tarsal spurs on a veiled makes me concerned they're not super experienced with chams...

Hopefully the fecal comes back negative for parasites!

If you're not too far from Milford, OH (it's not northern KY but it's not too far north of Cincinnati), then Dr. Dahlhausen with Avian and Exotic Medical Center knows his stuff and is very informative, responsive, and helpful. Can't recommend him enough - I took my cham there and while my Little Guy passed (a necropsy and biopsy proved he had cancer deep in his tissues and there was nothing I could have done for him), the care and understanding and knowledge he and his staff had were wonderful.

https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Dahlhausen/

I am hoping so as well, I think she is going to be okay I am offering as much as she can eat and after changing the husbandry she has been more energetic. My chameleon sadly sees my dog on a 24/7 my house is very small but doesn’t get phased she actually comes to me when she comes out of the cage. I’ll send a video the next time I handle her I handle her once a day max and she is very bug motivated her appetite is increasing the past couple days she has been eating 4 large crickets again but won’t accept more than that.

I was in your spot over a year ago. I took my adopted adult Cham to a general vet- he was the vet for the local zoo, a really large zoo- and was told I adopted a female. He was so wrong. I used this forum to determine gender and improve husbandry.

Here are some stunning pictures I took today of Iris. I am happy to say she seems fully recovered I’m not sure if she shed yet or not but she’s been so green today and had a great appetite. I snapped some photos as soon as her lights shut out and some photos after a fresh mist her colors have been so vibrant and pretty today hasn’t changed from the neutral green color at all since yesterday. I think the husbandry suggestions from @Beman and @MissSkittles really helped tremendously. Thank you guys so much.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpeg
    IMG_0226.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0228.jpeg
    IMG_0228.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0229.jpeg
    IMG_0229.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0230.jpeg
    IMG_0230.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0227.jpeg
    IMG_0227.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0220.jpeg
    IMG_0220.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0219.jpeg
    IMG_0219.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 24
I noticed a piece of shed on the nostril this morning do they shed the nostril/inside of the nostrils? I was told she was about to shed I hadn’t noticed any shedding yet but I saw dry skin hanging out of the nostril today. She got it off but do chameleons shed on the interior of their bodies as well. I’m just wondering what to be looking for. And should I do a little extra fogging or misting during this shed?

I just checked and if you look at the pictures I took yesterday you can see the shed on the left nostril. She must have had it there since yesterday and got it off this morning.

Here are some stunning pictures I took today of Iris. I am happy to say she seems fully recovered I’m not sure if she shed yet or not but she’s been so green today and had a great appetite. I snapped some photos as soon as her lights shut out and some photos after a fresh mist her colors have been so vibrant and pretty today hasn’t changed from the neutral green color at all since yesterday. I think the husbandry suggestions from @Beman and @MissSkittles really helped tremendously. Thank you guys so much.
She’s such a beautiful little girl! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom