Fall, will she be ok?

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey everyone! I was giving Nachito her meds and she fell of the branch that I was holding her on. She fell onto a soft blanket but hit my knee and possibly something else on the way down. She’s acting normal now but I’m really scared because she is producing eggs and it was about a 2-3 foot fall.
do you think she will be ok?

I’ve been doing the sick method when giving her meds, taking her out on a stick. But she try’s to climb away when I get her out, and when she was doing that she lost her balance and fell.

Last edited:
She'll probably be okay. Just keep eyes out for bruising or unusual behavior... Boogie practically jumped out of my hands when I first got him, and hit a branch then landed on the metal shelving that I have his enclosure on... Little jerk scared the CRAP out of me, but he was just fine. Nachito likes causing you drama lol, but she's probably okay. 2-3 feet fall isn't huge and if she hit a blanket that's a soft landing. Most humans are relatively squishy too so there probably weren't huge impacts. Hoping she (and you!) are fine though!

And the worry never stops! @Ghostbirb !

I used to have a fischer’s multi that would leap from the valance above my sliding glass door to the floor rather than climb down the curtain. He did it multiple times and was fine. Then he fell less than a foot in his cage and pierced his cheek on a branch. It all depends on the fall, what they hit on the way down. Just keep an eye on her. Hope all goes well with the eggs too.

Thanks everyone!
And the worry never stops! @Ghostbirb !

I used to have a fischer’s multi that would leap from the valance above my sliding glass door to the floor rather than climb down the curtain. He did it multiple times and was fine. Then he fell less than a foot in his cage and pierced his cheek on a branch. It all depends on the fall, what they hit on the way down. Just keep an eye on her. Hope all goes well with the eggs too.
Your right, the worry never stops 😖
I just hope everything can resolve! Even if she just lays her eggs that will take so much stress off my shoulders! She just hit 41 days since she went receptive.

to the people who have had female chameleons who have been gravid, did they have slightly more unsure steps when they where further along? Nachito has been having more “shaky” steps but I’m unsure if it’s due to her fall or just being a chonkey gravid girl, or just a chameleon thing.

to the people who have had female chameleons who have been gravid, did they have slightly more unsure steps when they where further along? Nachito has been having more “shaky” steps but I’m unsure if it’s due to her fall or just being a chonkey gravid girl, or just a chameleon thing.
Honestly I never really noticed. However, I would think that as she’s getting larger, she may not be as agile as usual…which could account also for her fall. Hopefully sweet Nachito will get her eggs laid and get back to normal that much sooner. Even more hopefully is that this will be the only time that she ever produces eggs and lays. 🤞🤞🤞 I know too well that you’ll worry no matter what, but your care is excellent and she’s a strong healthy girl. Hang in there. 💗

When I think my chameleon’s not doing so hot I give him a treat bug, I don’t know if it makes him happier but it makes me a little cause he got something he likes. I hope Nachito gets better soon, or isn’t sick at all. 🤞🏾💕

Also haven’t directly noticed this, but @MissSkittles suggestion sounds really plausible.

Annnnd this girl is giving me a run for my money 😣. I just caught her gaping for a slightly prolonged period of time. I’m hoping it was just her cooling off (but her temps were normal) and I’ve been very careful to avoid her airway when giving her the liquid meds. I sure hope it’s nothing to be concerned about

Annnnd this girl is giving me a run for my money 😣. I just caught her gaping for a slightly prolonged period of time. I’m hoping it was just her cooling off (but her temps were normal) and I’ve been very careful to avoid her airway when giving her the liquid meds. I sure hope it’s nothing to be concerned about
Oh man I’m sorry. Could she hav possibly been yawning or stretching for an on coming shed?

How long? A yawn or even just being a living creature that does things could explain it. I've caught Boogie puffing his gular out and such from time to time. He's just being a dude doing his thing. Hopefully she's just stretching out or maybe she did get a bit warm. I'd note it, and let it go. Breathe in, breathe out... You're taking great care of her.

How long? A yawn or even just being a living creature that does things could explain it. I've caught Boogie puffing his gular out and such from time to time. He's just being a dude doing his thing. Hopefully she's just stretching out or maybe she did get a bit warm. I'd note it, and let it go. Breathe in, breathe out... You're taking great care of her.
I’m not sure when it started but she was just sitting there, clam, not puffed up at all and only closed it when I told my mom to check on her (I was at work when I check her cam and noticed it)
*sigh* hopefully this is just Something I’m overacting about.

Back
Top Bottom