Is it just me or does her leg look swollen

ANNNNND we have an update! Me and Nachito went to the new vet today and they were very nice. They went over Nachitos history and past medical records. They agreed with the last vet that she in fact does not have any signs of gout, her blood work was normal without any symptoms for it.

So going back through her records they concluded for the leg swelling was indeed related to her calcium problems and MBD.
Also we got some ultrasounds and a xray to check on if she was truly still gravid. I'll post the x ray below.
She has follicles and they look normal which is good. Her daily calcium meds will be doubled due to the fact that she does have follicles and she is struggling with her calcium levels in general.

So now it's just a waiting game as usual. We have a recheck in 4 weeks to see if the follicles get reabsorbed, calcified or problematic and if she lays in between then, well then YAY!
Left is towards the head and RIght is towards the tail for the radiograph.
Image.jpg

Hey guys, just curious if this poop looks ok to you all! Its abit runny but Nachito had a lot of silkworms in her diet recently.
IMG_3825.jpeg

OK big update today. We went to the vet visit and there is a LOT to report back

To start of:

We got some blood work and x-rays done

- Nachitos calcium levels are now too high, so we are backing off on her calcium medications. So yay, I won't have to harass her everyday for meds.
- Due to the swelling in her legs still being persistent, a blood smear has been sent off to check white blood cell counts as the doctor suspect there might be a infection going on
- As for swelling in Nachitos back legs, we had x-rays done it its been determine that there where fractures in both at some point causing the swelling. It's thought that they happened when the calcium was critically low. Currently they are healing but the bone structure has been altered, there is a specific word of this but I do not remember, possibly Cartilaginous calcification. These fractures may also have some relevance to some leg deformities pictured below when I first rescued Nachito.
IMG_2057.jpeg

IMG_3876.jpeg

- The bump along her back seem benign for now, it looks as if its superficial and not connected to the spine. We will be keeping a eye on it

- Finally the worst news so far. We rechecked Nachitos status with her eggs through an ultrasound and x-ray and it has been confirmed that her follicles are starting to vary in sizes, thus being bad sign. According to my vet, when follicles start to vary significantly in size, that is a sign of follicular stasis. She was very nice and confirmed that Nachito is most likely in the beginning of follicular stasis and a spay, while not needed right away, will probably be in order in the future.

So in the end, we currently are still just waiting. Blood results should arrive within the next few days and we will go from there.
I had a feeling that the egg situations would not end well, and unfortunately it was confirmed today that its not going well internally.

Apparently she was not cooperative with x-rays lol. I have a suspicion that she mighttttttttttt have bitten the vet tech.

Here are some more radiographs from today,
Image (2).jpg

Image2.jpg
Image4.jpg

I’ve been holding my breath…hoping she would lay the eggs and get through it all ok…but at the same time, with each day that passed I’ve been worrying more that it wasn’t going to happen. I’m not a vet though as everyone knows, so I’ve been waiting for you to take her to the vet..again. This vet seems sensible about things…I hope all goes well still…even if it means spaying.

You’re taking such good care of her!

I’ve been holding my breath…hoping she would lay the eggs and get through it all ok…but at the same time, with each day that passed I’ve been worrying more that it wasn’t going to happen. I’m not a vet though as everyone knows, so I’ve been waiting for you to take her to the vet..again. This vet seems sensible about things…I hope all goes well still…even if it means spaying.

You’re taking such good care of her!
Thank you. I felt the same as each day passed, there where so many signs that I could have sworn where laying ones, but in the end they where false alarms. Is been 122 days since first receptive colors and no progress besides weight gain over time.
The vet was one from the list on here, super kind and knowledgeable, and she outlined the risks spaying in the future. I just hope things don't go downhill from here.

It really hurt reading all this sad (lets not directly make it bad) news and I'm so terrible sorry you're going both going through this. You both worked too hard for no happy ending. Nachito is strong, and holy crap the result proof this even more, she will pull through this. I've seen this (thought I also wrote it in one of Nachito's threads) before with my brothers cham, she was also adopted in a very bad, near to death, shape and she got spayed as well. She now lives a perfect healthy life.

I said it before and absolutely gonna do it again, you did such great job with her and still are. You do everything what's in your power to give her the best and healthy life as possible. I only admire this and give it a big shoutout 💚

Happy I Believe In You GIF by Kennysgifs

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone.

This isn’t really a update but I just wanted some thoughts on this:
I check on Nachito almost every night to make sure she’s doing ok and In a good sleeping spot when I found this tonight…
IMG_3925.jpeg

IMG_3898.jpeg

sorry for photo quality, but I’m puzzled on how and why she is here…..
my camera didn’t pick up any movement but she was in her basking area when the lights went off. She usually sleep in her basking and doesn’t often move from there.

The conclusion I’ve come to is that she might have slipped and fell into the pothos? She has one hand grabbing a vine and the other kind of hanging on a leaf.

I know I might be anxious over nothing, but with everything going on I want to check with others on things like this.

What do you guys think of this?

I find my girl (also others) in the most positions and spots. Bella normally sleeps in the same spot, in the foliage and close to the wall. However, when she’s gravid and getting close to laying she sleeps almost every night at a different spot.

If you see her fall or being lose of grip, I wouldn’t be that worried about her falling.

She looks like peaceful darling at sleep 🥰

For what it's worth, I've sometimes seen Boogie asleep in a spot and then I go back later and he's in a different spot. It's not SUPER frequent, but it has happened, and man, sometimes the sleep positions are 100% Goobertastic. If Nachito isn't feeling well and her world is a bit upside down, she may have been trying to get comfy and then lights went out... She realized she wasn't comfy, and swapped it up before falling asleep properly.

I agree with the above - probably fine, but keep eyes on (as you already are).

Back
Top Bottom