HELP!! Veiled chameleon in bad health

HELP!! I have a 1 year old female veiled chameleon that has a severe case of mbd. She’s nearly immobile and has no appetite. She’s constantly barely hanging on branches or even falling. She has no strength. She’s thirsty all the time. She’s in visible discomfort and even gasps when I touch her veil. Her bones are like rubber and her whole head is squishy. Her legs are still kinda hard but she’s just weak. Her jaw is crooked and she’s always mouth breathing. Her tongue is slightly out of her mouth sometimes. She seems like she’s not sleeping at night and taking naps throughout the day, which I know is wrong. She eats both mealworms and crickets that I dust in vitamin d powder every now and again. She sometimes eats the lettuce I give her. I have two uvb lights on her enclosure and a strong heat lamp that keeps the basking spot around 80 degrees f. She’s in a 36 inches tall, 24 inches wide aluminum mesh like enclosure. It has long jungle vines around it, which are the things she continues to fall off. I have a tall money tree in the enclosure and a spray the whole thing 3-4 times a day. I give her food every other day but she normally doesn’t eat much of it. Please help me, i don’t know what to do or what’s wrong.

Hi there and welcome to the forum! I’m sorry it is under these circumstances. It would be good if you could fill out this form I am linking and include as many pictures as possible. Pictures of both the enclosure top to bottom including lights, and your chameleon. That way some of the very knowledgeable members can help you quicker when they see this. Best of luck to you and your chameleon, you are in good hands here.
Thread 'How to ask for help'
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Please post some recent photos of her.

What supplements have you been using and how often for each one. I’m particularly looking for D3, source of vitamin A, calcium and phos.

Has she ever laid eggs? Has she had a proper place to lay them in her cage?

What specific UVB lights are you using? Long linear, curled or folded over type, brand, etc?

Back
Top Bottom