Girlie doing something weird with her eyes ...

PrincessSpaz

Established Member
Spazzy butt is over 2 (her 2 year gotcha day was 1 August)
Last night as I was turning out her lights, I noticed she was bulging out both eyes. It legit looked like she had marbles stuck to her head. I have never seen her do that before. Went to take a pic to post and she had her eyes back to their normal position. Have been watching her all morning and no signs of the weirdness with her eyes. She had her breakfast (2 dubia and a hornworm, it's Sunday here) and has been acting very Spazzy like for the past few hours (she is annoyed by my existence lol)
She has done her normal Sunday routine (beeline for her enclosure door for her breakfast, back to her basking spot, meandering over to the opposite side of her enclosure for her potty break, back to basking spot, out open enclosure door to peruse her "kingdom" aka the backyard and is now sitting in her hibiscus tree showing me her whole chin plus her right front foot lol)
Has anyone else been seen their chams bulge out their eyes? Any thoughts on what she was doing/why she was doing it?
Have been watching her all morning and haven't seen her eyes bulging out since (they were only bulging out like that for maybe 5-10 seconds)
If she had some kind of infection or something, wouldn't they be bulging out all the time?

Forgot to add pix ... photo on left was last night when I was turning her lights off (the bulging of her eyes was just seconds before photo was taken)
Photo on right was as soon as I woke her up this morning (she used the pothos vine as her pillow lol)

Attachments

• 20230812_192649.jpg
    20230812_192649.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230813_065907.jpg
    20230813_065907.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 50
I saw a post on here the other day about this same thing. I think it was determined he was cleaning his eyes. Let me see if I can find it. There were pictures. So you can read it and see if that’s what she was doing

This is Carmelo's sleepy eyes. He's done this since day one. His eyes are like this all night... It even alarmed @MissSkittles. I showed the Vet pics. Apparently, it's a SUPER POWER! to clean the eyes.View attachment 341815This is him waking up!
Spazzy butt does the opposite ... she sucks her eyes in at night (at first I nearly lost my mind trying to figure out how she got dehydrated. Not dehydration, she just sleeps with her eyes sucked in)
Seeing her with her eyes bulged out scared me to no end.... I hadn't misted her enclosure yet but we do have 5 other babies that are furry so maybe I had a piece of fuzz on me that floated into her enclosure as I was putting her to bed???

Funny how much these little creatures freak is out 🤣. I swear I’m always on edge about something with my chameleons.

I’ve seen my girl do this a hand full of times. It’s normal and I think they do it to clean out their eye turrets or something like that. If you are misting and that happens that’s for sure what they are doing.

Ugh my guy sleeps like that sometimes too! I call it Freaky Eyes and I hate it. But it DOES appear to be a thing chams do sometimes. Usually his eyes are nearly flat against his head when he's sleeping but sometimes man... Freaky Eyes.

Ugh my guy sleeps like that sometimes too! I call it Freaky Eyes and I hate it. But it DOES appear to be a thing chams do sometimes. Usually his eyes are nearly flat against his head when he's sleeping but sometimes man... Freaky Eyes.
😂 I love that. My dog sometimes sleeps with her eyes half open. I call it Zombie Eyes lol

Back
Top Bottom