Codas Upgrade!

Also some of my plants are showing signs that I’m doing something wrong, what are y’all a thought on these Indicators? The bromeliads and wandering Jews leaves are turning brown. And my callas Lily’s leaves are turning yellow. There all outside so the get enough light and the broms are in a shady-ish area. What do y’all think?

Also some of my plants are showing signs that I’m doing something wrong, what are y’all a thought on these Indicators? The bromeliads and wandering Jews leaves are turning brown. And my callas Lily’s leaves are turning yellow. There all outside so the get enough light and the broms are in a shady-ish area. What do y’all think?

I would guess water, either too much or too little, depending on plant.
Many of our popular house plants don't take much water, hence why the are popular.

Bromeiiads I think are just tough, I haven't been brave enough to try yet. Just got a ficus, fingers crossed on that one.

It was just a thought! I mean surely not all of them live in the trees against a pile of rocks like
in our builds right?

What does this mean?

Are you asking/stating that Chameleons live in trees that are surrounded by grass? Grass doesn't really bode with Jungles, I mean there is "Grasses" that do, but not the grass like your lawns thick covering grass.

Where there is tons of trees, there is tons of leaf litter, no one in the Rainforest is raking that up lol. So the bioactive builds, are pretty much exactly like all the trees, would be, trees with leaf litter.

Like most of us do the backgrounds as rocks and dirt, with the plants. But they would have to go to the ground and go through grass at some point.

Check the edit, there is no grass in the rain forest, there is leaf litter.

Outside of Females laying, they really do not go to the ground. Why would they have to?

Grass, like in your Lawn, is a plains plant, it needs full sun, or alot of sun. It grows native in the US and such, not in Rainforests.

69418868-kruger-national-park-savannah-vegetation-yellow-grass-south-africa.jpg

That is Grass in Africa, that is not found in Rainforests, and nothing like the grass in your lawn unless you dont mow your lawn lol.

Panther Hotspot in Ambilobe Pic Credit to Madcham.de
2020-03-18 10_50_04-Local form Ambilobe – Madcham.de.png

Check the edit, there is no grass in the rain forest, there is leaf litter.

Outside of Females laying, they really do not go to the ground. Why would they have to?

Grass, like in your Lawn, is a plains plant, it needs full sun, or alot of sun. It grows native in the US and such, not in Rainforests.

69418868-kruger-national-park-savannah-vegetation-yellow-grass-south-africa.jpg

That is Grass in Africa, that is not found in Rainforests, and nothing like the grass in your lawn unless you dont mow your lawn lol.

Panther Hotspot in Ambilobe Pic Credit to Madcham.de
View attachment 260847
Ok! Thanks for finding that for me. I guess if they wanted to move trees? Lol I don’t know.

What does this mean?

Are you asking/stating that Chameleons live in trees that are surrounded by grass? Grass doesn't really bode with Jungles, I mean there is "Grasses" that do, but not the grass like your lawns thick covering grass.

Where there is tons of trees, there is tons of leaf litter, no one in the Rainforest is raking that up lol. So the bioactive builds, are pretty much exactly like all the trees, would be, trees with leaf litter.

Yes I agree, plus if you were going for their natural biotope you would want tall branches like a tree. The rock and dirt backgrounds are fine and attractive. I don't use them, but it is against the wall, isn't that the same?

I would love a 20ft ceiling with an open floor plan with a 15-20 ft tree in the middle. I mean it presents some problems, but you get the idea.

As some of y’all probably have expected I can’t get the cabinet to start the build until this whole pandemic thing is over, that means no amazon supplies, no Lowe’s or Home Depot, and no more plants. It really sucks because it would give me something to do lol. Hope y’all are staying safe out there, wishing you and your families the best.

In regards to bromeliads, remove them from the soil and either sit them in some moss, rocks, or glue them to something. They are epiphytes and the damp soil around their roots will cause them to rot. Water their 'cups' with distilled/ro/rain water preferably, although I have noticed some aren't as sensitive to high nutrient water.

I drilled holes into a log in my old enclosure that went across the top, I then put stem that often sprouts at the bottom of them in the hole and jammed it with moss. Over time they threw off pups and spread across the log. In enclosures, they like being up near the lights, some more than others.

Here's some pics to show. I have some cryptanthus mounted on sphagnum too, along with a nepenthes(that absolutely loved the conditions of a cham enclosure).

Attachments

• 20181208_133043.jpg
    20181208_133043.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 20180523_182924.jpg
    20180523_182924.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 20180523_152113.jpg
    20180523_152113.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 20180523_191644.jpg
    20180523_191644.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20180621_113730.jpg
    20180621_113730.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 128
In regards to bromeliads, remove them from the soil and either sit them in some moss, rocks, or glue them to something. They are epiphytes and the damp soil around their roots will cause them to rot. Water their 'cups' with distilled/ro/rain water preferably, although I have noticed some aren't as sensitive to high nutrient water.

I drilled holes into a log in my old enclosure that went across the top, I then put stem that often sprouts at the bottom of them in the hole and jammed it with moss. Over time they threw off pups and spread across the log. In enclosures, they like being up near the lights, some more than others.

Here's some pics to show. I have some cryptanthus mounted on sphagnum too, along with a nepenthes(that absolutely loved the conditions of a cham enclosure).
They are in some sphagnum moss right now, should I move them to rocks?

What kind of isos? They are most likely hiding. You'll see them once they start to blow up.

The sphagnum is fine for the broms. Just make sure they have water. The colorful part is their flower and it does die naturally over time.

What kind of isos? They are most likely hiding. You'll see them once they start to blow up.

The sphagnum is fine for the broms. Just make sure they have water. The colorful part is their flower and it does die naturally over time.
They are white isos.

The only way you will see dwarf whites, is if you dig around in the soil, usually.

Edit: I think James meant burrowers, after second reading lol.

And yep, they pretty much live in the soil, all the time.

Borrowers would probably be good CUC too tho.

Lmao

The only way you will see dwarf whites, is if you dig around in the soil, usually.

Edit: I think James meant burrowers, after second reading lol.

And yep, they pretty much live in the soil, all the time.

Borrowers would probably be good CUC too tho.
That makes more sense lol. I just wanted to make sure they did it die off and I was doing something wrong. Thanks!

That makes more sense lol. I just wanted to make sure they did it die off and I was doing something wrong. Thanks!

Ya, they are there. You will notice when stuff starts going missing, like Cheese, Batterys, Needles, ect.

Oh wait the Isopods, ya they are there too :). Just check the soil, if worried, scoop some with your hand and flip it over, you will see some isos in it :).

Ya, they are there. You will notice when stuff starts going missing, like Cheese, Batterys, Needles, ect.

Oh wait the Isopods, ya they are there too :). Just check the soil, if worried, scoop some with your hand and flip it over, you will see some isos in it :).
done and done! yes there were little buggers in there.

Back
Top Bottom