Votes: 784 52.9%
  • panther chameleon

Votes: 369 24.9%
  • jackson's chameleon

Votes: 164 11.1%
  • other species

Votes: 165 11.1%

• Total voters
My first cham was a Senegal, and this was prob about 10+ yrs ago. Not an easily researched pet at that time, she did not live longer then 6 months. Many years later, I have adopted Saki, a veiled, from a craig's list posting. This was a few months ago, and having done the research, I think he is doing much better. Have always loved exotics, I have had a lizard tatooed on my leg for about 15 years. Always been my fav type of lizards.

My first was a Jacksons Male that I had for 2 years. I bought him as an adult, and did tons of research before I bought him. Then 4 months after I bought him I bought 3 girls. After he passe I had to get another. Now I have 1.3.1 Jacksons, 1.2 Panthers bb ambilobes, and the most vicious veiled ever. She as bitten me more times than all other pets I have ever owned combined. She is a beut but man, she bites the hand she is standing on every time I move her to clean her cage literally.

My first Chameleons were Jacksons, I got a breeding par and named them Michael and Janet (this was before Miachael Jackson got wierd...well wierder). Unfortunatly the female was never reseptive to the male :( I had them for a couple of years till they died of old age.

Holy old thread! my first was a veiled that i bought at a pet shop. i then found this forum and returned the veiled for a panther (is that mean?)

my first Chameleon was a male wc jackson back in 1994 pick him up at a local reptile show for $25. Those were the days...

Mine was a Veiled about 12 years ago... But, I just picked up a few oustalet chameleons and I'm loving it!!

My first chameleon was a beautiful female veiled chameleon. I adopted her from Petco because she had irreversible damage from MBD. I had her for about a year and half before she died egg-bound. It was really sad but I'm glad that I researched care for her and was led here. I believe all of the chameleons I've had since her have benefited from the information on this forum.

My first Chameleon was my Veiled. He is the most aggressive guy when I first try to take him out. I did a lot of research for like a year before I committed to buying one. Now I have 9. hehehe.

Me too almost. I saw her at the pet store, went home, and couldn't stop thinking about how awesome she was. I went back in a week and bought her!! Love at first sight!

Wow taking it back. My first chameleon was a jacksons chamleon i ordered from the back of a Reptiles magazine. loved him and he did well for me even though i was like ten years old.

im one of the lucky ones!

My first is a Panther, got him Jan9th from the Kammers. Liddy could not be nicer, funnier or more patient with me.
She has such a wealth of knowledge and is always willing to share.
The first time I saw my boy all curled up and not much color, I called in a panic, she calmly said "uh, he's sleeping"
With her help, I will have a long and happy life with him :)

Back
Top Bottom