Votes: 784 52.9%
  • panther chameleon

Votes: 369 24.9%
  • jackson's chameleon

Votes: 164 11.1%
  • other species

Votes: 165 11.1%

• Total voters
My first is a Kammers panther that I have yet to get.He is still too young.I had a hard time deciding between a panther and a veiled.I think next year if everything goes well I will get a veiled for my bday.

my first was a senagal,got him when i was 12 loved him..lived for bout three years was a wc that was adult..killed me when he passed "oracle"...

well this is my first post. Currently i have 1 rudis baby who is doing really well especially for my first chameleon.

I got 2 Cham's when I was 12 both where WC Jacksonii Chameleons
Jack and Jessica. Jack died at 5 Jessica died at 6 then we moved from Hawaii to Mississippi

But I didn't know anything about gutloading and such and didn't have to worry about UVB bulbs and basking lamps because they where outdoor chams who soaked up the Suns rays

hi,my first was a male/fem pair of pygmy leaf chameleons,the female passed away after having her for only 2 wks,she was egg bound..my male pygmy named (BABY) is doing awesome,had him for quite awhile now...may get him a mate soon lol..i also have 2 male veiled chams one(MOE) is approximately 6-7 mnths old(purchased from a pet store no known birthdate) and the other one(JOE) is maybe 3 mnths old(again purchased from a diff pet store,no know birth date) they are wonderful and are doing really well.i did have a problem recently with MOE,he injested a tiny piece of perlite(i missed it in removing all potting soil plant came with) will NEVER make that mistake again..he almost died!! he is doing extremely well now and is a voracious as ever,maybe even more so now! yay!!! i am thinkin of getting a female in the immediate future but plan on finding a reputable breeder so i have an actual birthdate and a healthy cham!! i just love this site and all the info is wonderful and welcomed! i hope you all have a great day/night(depending on where you live lol) i myself am from an area outside of Edmonton Alberta Canada

My first chameleon Was???

My first chameleon was a Desert Side Striped cham. I had ordered a male Rudi from a online reptile dealer, (not any sponsor or member of this site), and when I received my shipment I discovered that my new cham wasn't the one ordered. So I called the dealer and was told they were out of stock so he sent a male desert side striped instead. And a discount would be provided for a future purchase. I agreed to make the best of the situation. I didn't know a lot about them, but researched and found that they were live bearers also, and were a little easier to keep than a Rudis. So I put my little guy in his cage and waited for his darker coloration to disappear. Thought it must have been stress from shipping. Two weeks go by, and to my surprise while looking for him on the vines. I see two pairs of eyes! One small and one large! I guessed I now had confirmation on not only the type of chameleon that I had just received, but now the sex. I looked for other babies but unfortunately that was the only survivor. But those two little eyes hooked me on not only chameleons but the wonders and excitement of breeding. I think I got the better end of the shipment!

my first chameleon were a pair of jacksons when i was stationed in hawaii back in 95-97 i loved those chams and really did them wronge cause i didn't know squat about housing them i ended up letting them loose in the wild i know i bitch about people doing that but my buddy that was going state side asked me if i wanted them and i took them if i could do it again i would do it all over especially knowing what i know now i was a real idiot back then.

mine was kinyongia multituberculata and i was 15 years old had them for 3 years and bred with them to ,proud i was :D:D
grts

my first chameleon was a jackson that i found at the beach and now that i have been breeding them for a while im suprised it lived for so long cause it couldent have been more then a few days old when i found him ! he lived to be 4 and a half years old when a cat got him on his tree

my first chameleon was a jackson, because i grew up with alot of knowledge about them living in hawaii. But i cant wait to get back to the states to get my first panther.

My first chameleon was a Jackson because I had a lot of knowledge about them growing up in hawaii, but I cant wait to get back to the states and get a Panther.

My first chameleon was a 9 week old female yemen, i just fell in love with her right away. She was 1 of 14 babies in a cage and she kept trying to get out even standing on 1 of siblings to be out the cage i just had to have her. She'll be 2 this year and is still so friendly with the best personality. She started my passion off not just for chameleons but for reptiles as a whole i now have 6 including her! :D:D

My first was a female Senegal who lived in a ficus in my living room. Lost her when she became egg bound late at night. Was a hard experience to go through.

I just bought my first last night, he is a young male veiled named Pasquell(my daughter had to name him after her Tangled movie)

My first was a male jackson's that was wild caught in Hawaii and then sold in a pet store. For being a wild caught, he was the tamest thing around. When he eventually passed away, we buried him under a beautiful banyan tree and marked his grave by engraving "forever wild" on the tree.

Back
Top Bottom