traveling cham room

Stanly

I work about 90% of the year out of state, so far I've just been renting but I've decided to star pulling a rv.

Here's my future cham room, it's a 7' x 7 1/2 ' room. I've just started working on it, I've removed the bed and put a shower base (which will drain out a utility door va pvc and flex hose.)

I intend to put two cages (24x24x48 and 18x18x36) in the shower base and use the rest of the bed frame as a free range (will have to figure out drip pans that will be drained into the shower base as well)

Here's the start of it.

Rv free range by Ramzee82, on Flickr

top (shower/bed frame)

Free range base/ drain by Ramzee82, on Flickr

Is great that you care enough about your chams to do all this work for them to be with you. I am not sure how the constant motion will affect them. Let us know how it works out. good luck.

Is great that you care enough about your chams to do all this work for them to be with you. I am not sure how the constant motion will affect them. Let us know how it works out. good luck.

When I'm traveling they will be in the pickup with me, so far I've only traveled with my panther (as I just bought the jacksons). Most jobs are 3 + months so it's only a few times a year.

I'll see how it works with the new guy, if he does well I may get a female jacksons ( for future breeding) but we'll see. I'll keep y'all updated !

i was thinking it sounded like you stop for periods of time. i too think its so kool that you are making such accomodations for your chams great idea, keep us posted.
youll have to keep an album of all the places and adventures you and your cham go on

Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're all done.

Are you going to give the RV a chameleon paint job as well? That would be sweet.

Thanks for the support and comments all!

i was thinking it sounded like you stop for periods of time. i too think its so kool that you are making such accomodations for your chams great idea, keep us posted.
youll have to keep an album of all the places and adventures you and your cham go on

Yeah I stop nightly and for breaks when traveling, and the rv should make it easier (as opposed to hauling multiple chameleons into a hotel for the night)

A few years down the line, i see a traveling cham show in your future.....;)
Looks great!!

Haha, I had my guys out for some sun last weekend (finally had some "warm" weather) and a family in the rv park drop by to see them, the kids were fascinated by them. Mom got a great pic of what looks like max chasing the little boy riding a tricycle (the boy was riding the tricycle, not max!) I'll ask if I can post it, it's to cute.

Can't wait to see what it looks like when you're all done.

Are you going to give the RV a chameleon paint job as well? That would be sweet.

This is my parents rv so I won't be panting it, but I'm planing on buying one if I like it, so maybe later.

got alittle more done, the "base" is all done. every thing drains into the "shower base" then out a trap door. all thats left is putting in the cage(s), trees, lights and mistking.

I'll have one 18x18x36 cage setting in the shower base, with room for a 2nd 24x24x48. around that in a L shape will be my panthers free range.

Free range/ drain by Ramzee82

I found this great background at lowes, it's really a "window well scene" but worked out pretty well for a room this size. I'm thinking of getting another one or two and do the whole room.

Cham room back ground by Ramzee82

Water fall by Ramzee82

I love that background! and great job on the setup!!

Thanks, I wasn't even looking for a background but it caught my eye while I was shopping for supplies and I had to have it.

The front window has a "shutter" so I glued the part I cut out to the inside of the shutter, but the window and shutter still open if I want to let in real light and natural scenery.

hopefully I'll have it fully (well mostly) setup mid week (have about 1800 miles to travel starting monday), I'll be sure and post some update pics.

Here's a update, it's not "finished" but then again what free range/ cage ever is?

Free room by Ramzee82, on Flickr

Free max! by Ramzee82, on Flickr

I couldn't figure out a good way to mount his lights so I used a metal/wire shelf, with out the two mid shelves. Which worked better than I was thinking it would. The heat lamp is in a modified wire waste basket (so he can't burn himself), on the back and one end I velcro'd clear vinyl to protect against over spray (also hoping it bring the humidity up some).

Just remember to respect your chameleons privacy when he has visitors.

When the tree is a-rockin don't come a-knockin

Back
Top Bottom