Thinking about breeding any advice ?

Cody5225

so I’m new to this and I wanna breed my veiled chameleon with a translucent veiled chameleon that I’m fixing to purchase, was wondering if anyone had any advice on what should be done and how it should be done and the ins and outs too it ??

so I’m new to this and I wanna breed my veiled chameleon with a translucent veiled chameleon that I’m fixing to purchase, was wondering if anyone had any advice on what should be done and how it should be done and the ins and outs too it ??
A little bit earlier in another thread you asked if you can breed a Jackson's with a Veiled. You really need a lot of experience to breed. What do you think you are going to do with a possible 90+ babies? Do you have a REALLY large budget to care for all of the babies for until you sell them, if you can ($1000+)?

A little bit earlier in another thread you asked if you can breed a Jackson's with a Veiled. You really need a lot of experience to breed. What do you think you are going to do with a possible 90+ babies? Do you have a REALLY large budget to care for all of the babies for until you sell them, if you can ($1000+)?
I got enough money I can pay someone to take care of them for me‍♂️ I was just wanting some advice, I don’t need lectures .

I got enough money I can pay someone to take care of them for me‍♂️ I was just wanting some advice, I don’t need lectures .
I didn't mean to lecture you, sorry if it seemed that way. The advice I can give you is that you would need to start making a TON of fruit fly cultures about halfway into incubation and that chameleons do better when raised sepeately. Good Luck if you decide to breed!

Yes thank you was very helpful
it is Worth thinking that there makred for veileds is overflowed, people just buy them and keep them for about a years Before they get rid of and get their next chameleon. they are already an invasive species in the us. so it is good to Think ahead what are you going to do with all those animals when people are not so eager to buy them.

it is Worth thinking that there makred for veileds is overflowed, people just buy them and keep them for about a years Before they get rid of and get their next chameleon. they are already an invasive species in the us. so it is good to Think ahead what are you going to do with all those animals when people are not so eager to buy them.
I agree. You will not make a lot of money selling Veiled's

So I shouldn’t let them grow up in the same
I didn't mean to lecture you, sorry if it seemed that way. The advice I can give you is that you would need to start making a TON of fruit fly cultures about halfway into incubation and that chameleons do better when raised sepeately. Good Luck if you decide to breed!
So I shouldn’t let the babies grow up in the same cage????

Money me and my wife are interested in it cause she breeds bearded dragons and makes pretty good money off them so I wanted to start mine with the chameleons
Ok. Breeding Veiled Chameleons is not very profitable. Unless you have certain line breeding traits that you are breeding for and you can sell them for $100, you will not make a lot of money. Not trying to discourage you, but you will probably be selling them for $50 max each, depending on your translucent traits you have.

So I shouldn’t let them grow up in the same
So I shouldn’t let the babies grow up in the same cage????
You won't be able to raise 90 babies in one cage. Although group raising totally works, you always have the problem of bullying. How do you know one of them is eating? What if one gets sick, and then you have to treat them all? Group raising still works, so I recommend each bin (they have to be big) to have 5-15 babies each. Unfortunately, breeding can be complicated, but it is an experience you won't forget, and you will probably want to keep them all. :)

Breeding chameleons is not going to be very profitable. Bearded Dragons are much less expensive to maintain and breed, that’s why your wife is seeing success. I’ve seen veileds being sold for less than $20 each, the market is very flooded. Panthers will sell for much more, but not many buyers can afford this. Most breeders will tell you that they aren’t making much money. They do it out of love for the process, the animals, or both. Honestly, if you can maintain a chameleon, happy and healthy first, then think about breeding. Successful breeders are successful not because they have babies for sale, it’s because they’ve spent years creating and maintaining a reputation. You sound very novice by your questions, I highly advise against this. You guys are successfully breeding bearded dragons, why not build on your breeding line of those?

Breeding chameleons is not going to be very profitable. Bearded Dragons are much less expensive to maintain and breed, that’s why your wife is seeing success. I’ve seen veileds being sold for less than $20 each, the market is very flooded. Panthers will sell for much more, but not many buyers can afford this. Most breeders will tell you that they aren’t making much money. They do it out of love for the process, the animals, or both. Honestly, if you can maintain a chameleon, happy and healthy first, then think about breeding. Successful breeders are successful not because they have babies for sale, it’s because they’ve spent years creating and maintaining a reputation. You sound very novice by your questions, I highly advise against this. You guys are successfully breeding bearded dragons, why not build on your breeding line of those?
I agree, I think you need more experience before breeding. Breeding is more for the experience, that is why I asked you "For money, or Experience?". I've seen Veiled's go for $10.

Back
Top Bottom