2024 Chameleon Goals?

Hello Chamily!

I thought this would be fun to share. What are your chameleon goals for 2024? Mine are below :)

1- Finish my chameleon room
2 - Learn to do my own fecals
3 - Make at least 2 outdoor enclosures
4 - HOPEFULLY build (thinking it will be a fun project with my dad), if not build then purchase enclosures for my future O'Shaughnessy Chameleon breeding project
5 - Breed at least 2 staple bugs
6 - Once my chameleon room is done, make all my adult enclosures bio-active

Can't wait to hear about everyone else's goals!! Happy New Year everyone!
Your 2024 goals are awesome.
Mine:
1. Fecal testing at home
2. continue to learn about chameleons through certain groups and provide support where possible.
3. Design and share more 3D printed projects for enclosures.
4. Source out to get another pair of furcifer lateralis.

Your 2024 goals are awesome.
Mine:
1. Fecal testing at home
2. continue to learn about chameleons through certain groups and provide support where possible.
3. Design and share more 3D printed projects for enclosures.
4. Source out to get another pair of furcifer lateralis.
I love it!!

I have an ambitious 2024 ahead as far as chameleon goals!
  1. Reduce my chameleon number to the point where all are in large, naturalistic enclosures. This is the goal because a small number of big and beautiful enclosures is how I get the greatest joy from my chameleon keeping. I acknowledge this may not be compatible with goal 3 so the breeding project has a temporary waiver until this all gets sorted out. The breeding project will be the testing ground of how small batch breeding principles can work in real world application.
  2. Only one breeding project.
  3. Have eggs laid for at least two, but desire four, bloodlines of Shamrock Chameleons (Calumma oshaughnessyi). Hatching will have to be a 2025 goal! Once bloodlines are established and a community has developed around this species my breeding project will be reduced to a maximum of two pairs so I can enjoy the benefits of small batch breeding. Success for this very ambitious project (establishing a species) will be when I can take a break from breeding and it does not affect the community.
  4. Release six issues of the Chameleon Academy Journal
  5. Complete the family of Chameleon Academy Arboreal enclosures with Custom Reptile Habitats
  6. Create two podcast series on Small Batch Breeding and creating naturalistic and bioactive environments for chameleons
  7. Every Chameleon Academy podcast episode is a video podcast. Have attempted this many times since 2018, but in 2024 I will make it happen. Please be understanding of missed weeks here and there as I force myself into new production habits and skills! But it will be worth it!
  8. Complete the Michael Nash podcast miniseries.
  9. Prove to myself that I can release two short form videos a day for 30 days in a row (Ts&Cs: If I miss a day the clock starts over. A long form or live video can count as one video. Only one of the videos per day can be a vlogging style. All videos must be consistent with the Chameleon Academy purpose. Today is day 5. Can he make it 30? Stay tuned for the nail biting finale...)
  10. Get a pet tardigrade

I have an ambitious 2024 ahead as far as chameleon goals!
  1. Reduce my chameleon number to the point where all are in large, naturalistic enclosures. This is the goal because a small number of big and beautiful enclosures is how I get the greatest joy from my chameleon keeping. I acknowledge this may not be compatible with goal 3 so the breeding project has a temporary waiver until this all gets sorted out. The breeding project will be the testing ground of how small batch breeding principles can work in real world application.
  2. Only one breeding project.
  3. Have eggs laid for at least two, but desire four, bloodlines of Shamrock Chameleons (Calumma oshaughnessyi). Hatching will have to be a 2025 goal! Once bloodlines are established and a community has developed around this species my breeding project will be reduced to a maximum of two pairs so I can enjoy the benefits of small batch breeding. Success for this very ambitious project (establishing a species) will be when I can take a break from breeding and it does not affect the community.
  4. Release six issues of the Chameleon Academy Journal
  5. Complete the family of Chameleon Academy Arboreal enclosures with Custom Reptile Habitats
  6. Create two podcast series on Small Batch Breeding and creating naturalistic and bioactive environments for chameleons
  7. Every Chameleon Academy podcast episode is a video podcast. Have attempted this many times since 2018, but in 2024 I will make it happen. Please be understanding of missed weeks here and there as I force myself into new production habits and skills! But it will be worth it!
  8. Complete the Michael Nash podcast miniseries.
  9. Prove to myself that I can release two short form videos a day for 30 days in a row (Ts&Cs: If I miss a day the clock starts over. A long form or live video can count as one video. Only one of the videos per day can be a vlogging style. All videos must be consistent with the Chameleon Academy purpose. Today is day 5. Can he make it 30? Stay tuned for the nail biting finale...)
  10. Get a pet tardigrade
Great goals Bill! I can't wait to see how 2024 unfolds :)

Back
Top Bottom