Moving with a chameleon

noms

Hi all! i am due to move in a few months and i wanted some advice on how to move with a veiled chameleon. i’m not sure where to start and i don’t want to stress her out too bad! the trip is relatively short- 15 minutes. any advice at all is appreciated!!

Move her at night and just move her in her own trip.

Check out Neptune the chameleons YouTube. I know she has a video on there in moving your chameleons that you may find helpful.

Before she goes to tuck herself in that late afternoon the night you move her cage. You want to put her in a box. Put a stick punched through the bottom of the box one side to the other so it is stable about an inch from the bottom. Punch a few small air holes. Make sure there is no tape on the bottom that she can get stuck to. Put her in the box before she tucks herself in. Close up the box make sure again no tape sticky that she can access from the inside.

Then move all of her stuff get it set back up. Make sure everything is working. Open the box in a room with lights. Let her wake back up get her out and put in the cage. Mist so she can drink if needed then shut off all the lights for the night like normal.

Before she goes to tuck herself in that late afternoon the night you move her cage. You want to put her in a box. Put a stick punched through the bottom of the box one side to the other so it is stable about an inch from the bottom. Punch a few small air holes. Make sure there is no tape on the bottom that she can get stuck to. Put her in the box before she tucks herself in. Close up the box make sure again no tape sticky that she can access from the inside.

Then move all of her stuff get it set back up. Make sure everything is working. Open the box in a room with lights. Let her wake back up get her out and put in the cage. Mist so she can drink if needed then shut off all the lights for the night like normal.
thank you soo much!

Put a towel on the bottom of the box and make sure its deep enought that she cant reach the top even if on tiptoe on top of the branch. That way she wont keep trying to climb out and will calm down quickly. Either wedge her in on the floor behind the front seats or seat belt the box in. Good luck on your move!

Back
Top Bottom