Moving from NY to FL

aduesler93

Hi! So in about 6 weeks I will be making the move from NY to Florida. I have a 2 year old veiled chameleon and we will be driving so it will take us at least 2 days to get to our house. I am looking for suggestions on the best, most comfortable way to move my Cham. Any suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated! I’m stressing for her!

Hey there... I did a 3 day drive with my veiled... I found the best way was to put him in a dark plastic box with holes in it for air and a stick was placed through the bottom about 2 inches from the bottom. This I drilled holes in the plastic so that I could totally secure the stick. I covered my tub with brown paper. I put moist paper towels in the bottom of it and some pothos cuttings. When at the hotels at night I was able to take him out for a few hours and then I would put him back in for the night.

You will want to take the enclosure set up with you if possible to set back up so you can then go ahead and put the cham right back in to get back on a normal schedule. mist and feed well when you put it back in.

This was what I used but covered it.

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 29
Hey there... I did a 3 day drive with my veiled... I found the best way was to put him in a dark plastic box with holes in it for air and a stick was placed through the bottom about 2 inches from the bottom. This I drilled holes in the plastic so that I could totally secure the stick. I covered my tub with brown paper. I put moist paper towels in the bottom of it and some pothos cuttings. When at the hotels at night I was able to take him out for a few hours and then I would put him back in for the night.

You will want to take the enclosure set up with you if possible to set back up so you can then go ahead and put the cham right back in to get back on a normal schedule. mist and feed well when you put it back in.

This was what I used but covered it.
You are awesome! I was thinking of something similar (covered) or getting one of the critter keepers and covering it. Thank you. I plan to just kind of cover up my plants and keep everything else in her enclosure in place as it’s all secured and the same for her when we get there. I also have a medium size (I think) reptibreeze that I used for a couple months when she was a baby that I was thinking of bringing into the hotel for night time so she has the option to move a little.

You are awesome! I was thinking of something similar (covered) or getting one of the critter keepers and covering it. Thank you. I plan to just kind of cover up my plants and keep everything else in her enclosure in place as it’s all secured and the same for her when we get there. I also have a medium size (I think) reptibreeze that I used for a couple months when she was a baby that I was thinking of bringing into the hotel for night time so she has the option to move a little.
So the one I got is 13 inches long by 8 inches wide and 11 deep. I liked this size because he was able to turn around in it and not be squished. I also like this one because it was a really hard plastic and strong lid. So I did not have to stress anything falling on it or pushing in on it. Our suv was pretty packed. I put multiple towels on the floor behind the drivers seat to ease the vibrations and then put him secured right behind the seat. I also got one of those window things for kids that helps reduce the sun for the back window on his side. I did not want to add the heat from the sun. Here are a few more pics with it covered. I use this still for if I need to take him to the vet or pull him from the cage to switch out plants.

Attachments

• IMG_8364.jpeg
    IMG_8364.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8363.jpeg
    IMG_8363.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 33
Hi! So in about 6 weeks I will be making the move from NY to Florida. I have a 2 year old veiled chameleon and we will be driving so it will take us at least 2 days to get to our house. I am looking for suggestions on the best, most comfortable way to move my Cham. Any suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated! I’m stressing for her!
You already have great help so I just want to chime in by saying, congratulations on making a great decision. I wish I was moving down there (I was born in FL and live in .....NJ...). Best of luck with transporting her, and with your new location!!

Back
Top Bottom