Chances of misidentified T.J. jacksonii from LLL Reptiles?

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
Hi everyone, it’s been a while!

After giving up my collection a few years ago for medical reasons, I’m finally ready to get back into chameleon keeping, I’m so stoked!!

I kept veileds, panthers and brookesias in the past and bred a couple of them, but I feel like changing things up a bit and go with a female T.J. jacksonii this time.

I have bought and sold many chameleons at LLL Reptiles in the past, but now that I moved to the Midwest I’ll have to experience their online store and I would like to hear some advice from people that bought from them online.

I know they’re a wholesaler and they will unavoidably make mistakes as far as species identification (in this case T.J. Xantholophus and T.J. Jacksonii) but I’m curious to know if I should expect them to or not.

Has anyone had experiences with Jackson’s from them? How did it go?

Thanks in advance, very glad to be back! :)
 
Hi everyone, it’s been a while!

After giving up my collection a few years ago for medical reasons, I’m finally ready to get back into chameleon keeping, I’m so stoked!!

I kept veileds, panthers and brookesias in the past and bred a couple of them, but I feel like changing things up a bit and go with a female T.J. jacksonii this time.

I have bought and sold many chameleons at LLL Reptiles in the past, but now that I moved to the Midwest I’ll have to experience their online store and I would like to hear some advice from people that bought from them online.

I know they’re a wholesaler and they will unavoidably make mistakes as far as species identification (in this case T.J. Xantholophus and T.J. Jacksonii) but I’m curious to know if I should expect them to or not.

Has anyone had experiences with Jackson’s from them? How did it go?

Thanks in advance, very glad to be back! :)
I would call or email them to receive photo of the Jackson’s Chameleon. You can ID the pictures here or if you have direct knowledge how to differentiate Jackson’s subspecies.
Once you have the answer, and they do come as J. jacksonii. Let them know THAT particular chameleon is the one you want ordered.

Otherwise, online orders will just give you random stock available inside the store or their warehouse.

They get their animals from various wholesalers they go directly business with. They also do wholesale for small businesses owners.

Another option is playing the waiting game on Facebook group or anyone here.
—————-
My past experience, I bought a Brookesia therezieni. And I doubts at the beginning it was advertised as therezieni, and well a female. But a member here knowledgeable assured me it was.
 
Back
Top Bottom