Opinions on class visit

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
Hey everyone! I have a question and would love some opinions on it.

I am currently in a year long vet assistant class and you can bring in a pet for a hour-two hours or so to be looked over and learned about.
I've been mulling over the idea for a few months now on whether I could bring Nachito in for a short visit as a learning experience.

What would you all think.
What I would plan to do is make a little travel container and bring her just for about 15-30 minutes at the beginning of class then take her home right after.

Tough question to answer. It would definitely be beneficial to your class to learn how to handle and care for chameleons. Initially one might think that it would be a very brief stress and no worse than a vet visit. However, I think the type or degree of stress would be quite high, being in a situation with more than just a couple of humans. Also need to think about her being gravid.

Tough question to answer. It would definitely be beneficial to your class to learn how to handle and care for chameleons. Initially one might think that it would be a very brief stress and no worse than a vet visit. However, I think the type or degree of stress would be quite high, being in a situation with more than just a couple of humans. Also need to think about her being gravid.
Right. If it were to happen I would do it after all this egg stuff is resolved. 🤷‍♀️
I’m probably not going to do it, but wanted to weight the pros and cons of it before making a decision

Thanks for the reply :)

I'd consider the temperature of the room, how many people will be in there, how far from them she can be for the duration of the class, how many would be handling her, and how receptive she is to attention. I've thought about this from time to time, and generally come down on the side of being against it, but I think in your case, because it would be helping to educate vet students, the positives may actually outweigh the negatives.

Back
Top Bottom