Random adventures?

Fractured

Recently, has become very active in her cage. She seems to Adventure for a large portion of the day and remains an unpleasant color for some of the duration. I've done research and to my understanding the first portion of the day is largely basking in higher Temps while the evening is spent in more ambient temperature areas. I've also read that it could be due to her terrarium size? I posted previous threads but was hoping for more insight

Also dimensions are not what was reflected on 16x16x30 are the accurate measurements of her enclosure. All other specs of husbandry remain the same.

So, based on your other thread I do want to point out that your humidity levels are very high. During the day they should only be about 30-40%, and not to exceed 50%. During the coolest part of the night is when you should run your fogger. Nighttime humidity can rise as high as 100%. I like to run my foggers from 12-4 AM.
Also, yes. Her cage is much too small for her. I would invest in an xlarge reptibreeze screen cage. These are 2ftx2ftx4ft. She will be much happier in that size.

I have a potted plant I was told was suitable, I also forgot to inform I rectified the issues with humidity, I was mislead with information, her Humanity sits around the appropriate levels and I run her fogger at night

Also, do you have a lay bin set up for her? She may be looking for an area to lay.
Exactly what else I was thinking.
She appears to be about the age where she is looking to mate and lay. They will become very restless at this time.

Do you have recent photos of her?

Just took this one, her current set is 40% (mister just cycled recently) and 77 ambient temp

Attachments

• 16026872964104415016509376083169.jpg
    16026872964104415016509376083169.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 122
Yeah, looking at your photo it is a possibility that she may be Gravid and getting ready to lay her eggs. In regards to the laybin I took this info from one of the posts here on the forums from one of our knowledgeable cham enthusiasts and this is what is recommended for a lay bin. "(kinyonga) recommends putting a smaller container (12" x 12"deep x 8"wide) of washed playsand in the cage for the female to dig in so that you don't miss the often subtle indications that she is ready to lay eggs. " I hope this helps.

@Beman or @MissSkittles
I have to go to work now, what does it look like to the two of you???
Yeah your talking about the gular area... I would like to see more pictures of her and know supplements and schedule to make sure this is not edema.

She looks as though she is gravid to me. Unless she is puffing because of the camera.

I have a potted plant I was told was suitable, I also forgot to inform I rectified the issues with humidity, I was mislead with information, her Humanity sits around the appropriate levels and I run her fogger at night
I love typos! :p
Can you post a pic of her enclosure, including her lay bin please.

@Fractured Additionally if you could fill this out with detail so we can do a husbandry review for you.

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

I did have to leave for work oh, I can post more later. I understand this is not an alternative vet, at no suspicion of decline in health I made a veterinarian appointment to have her on the books and have her physical. It is scheduled for the 12th of November. I appreciate all the guidance from this storm though you guys are very helpful

A potted plant is not adequate, you need play sand as a substrate, and the cham will have difficulty digging through the roots... Even if it could, then you are harming your plant.

A potted plant is not adequate, you need play sand as a substrate, and the cham will have difficulty digging through the roots... Even if it could, then you are harming your plant.
My female prefers her potted plants to her laybin. She likes to lay the eggs right next to the root ball, and digs through it perfectly fine. But yes, it absolutely messes up the plant.
I do recommend the moist play sand, but some chams do not want it.

Back
Top Bottom