Something seems off… closing eyes while light is on. Probably just time for a vet visit?

Yeah, my cages are so heavily planted that the jungle dawns don’t brighten up the entire cage. in fact, a lot of my plants cover up the jungle dawns. but before that I used to use 6 t 5 plant lights. Mainly to bring up the plant growth but let’s not forget the sun is brighter than all of this together. i’ve had this discussion with many people. The majority agree you don’t get eye problems from lights.
Yeah I’m thinking it is more likely to be the supplements and maybe stress due to the move. I really do panic when I see his eyes closed while the lights are on… hopefully I’ll get it sorted out this weekend. I am going to back off the supplements and probably remove at least one light probably two, my plants definitely aren’t as big and thick as yours. I’m hoping the heat bulb has helped as well

Yeah I’m thinking it is more likely to be the supplements and maybe stress due to the move. I really do panic when I see his eyes closed while the lights are on… hopefully I’ll get it sorted out this weekend. I am going to back off the supplements and probably remove at least one light probably two, my plants definitely aren’t as big and thick as yours. I’m hoping the heat bulb has helped as well
Let us know how it goes ❤️

First, beautiful enclosure 😍😍
I‘ve noticed similar behavior with Parson’s and not directly both eyes, but always one eye. And always within 3 days after feeding with the vitamins the got D3 in it and she’s in the natural sunlight. This continues 2-3 days and stops again. Personally, I find it odd that both Parsons and Panther, both from the same region, got differences in the supplementation. Because Parsons only once a month vitamines and panthers twice. I would say try to stop with the vitamins for one month and see what happens.
Buddy, have you by chance noticed the same?

I was able to check the ubv to make sure there wasn’t any opportunities for over exposure (after giving it a little lift as well) the basking area is sitting at 2.9 and the highest levels I found where he has a branch and considering his body being on it, and those were 4 and 4.5 so I think we’re ok there. The ambient at the top is now 78-79 and the middle is 73 the bottom is 70. I removed one plant light for now and will consider removing a second if necessary. When I came home from work yesterday I did NOT find Jeb with his eyes closed and not did I today. Could he really be cold and closing his eyes because of that reason alone? Not sure, still not doing supplements for one month. Things seem to be sitting a lot better! Thank you everyone I’m going to continue to monitor. I also want to say that sometimes I have a hard time articulating things and I appreciate the patience. You guys are all very helpful THANK YOU.

I was able to check the ubv to make sure there wasn’t any opportunities for over exposure (after giving it a little lift as well) the basking area is sitting at 2.9 and the highest levels I found where he has a branch and considering his body being on it, and those were 4 and 4.5 so I think we’re ok there. The ambient at the top is now 78-79 and the middle is 73 the bottom is 70. I removed one plant light for now and will consider removing a second if necessary. When I came home from work yesterday I did NOT find Jeb with his eyes closed and not did I today. Could he really be cold and closing his eyes because of that reason alone? Not sure, still not doing supplements for one month. Things seem to be sitting a lot better! Thank you everyone I’m going to continue to monitor. I also want to say that sometimes I have a hard time articulating things and I appreciate the patience. You guys are all very helpful THANK YOU.
So glad to hear he seems to be doing better. Please continue to keep us updated ❤️

Perfect! Closing his eyes due cold, I don’t belief (not with your temps), unless it’s also darker (which it isn’t).

I agree with Sonny. I don't think it is due to cold because your temps are where they should be for ambient levels. Could very well have a link to stress with the move of everything.

I agree with Sonny. I don't think it is due to cold because your temps are where they should be for ambient levels. Could very well have a link to stress with the move of everything.
Ok thank you so much

Just a thought but you said this happened a year ago too and when you get home its dark outside. It could be something as simple as going to sleep early. With the shortened winter datyight hours, His inner timer might be set to the earths and not your light system. One of my chams is like that. Wakes and sleeps with the sun despite the cage lights. Its just a thought and i really dont think its the heat because in nature the heat flucuates much more then our cages do. as long as you dont see signs of RI. Also be careful with fogging in the airtight enclosure. Keep it to short time periods or RI could happen.

Just a thought but you said this happened a year ago too and when you get home it’s dark outside. It could be something as simple as going to sleep early. With the shortened winter datyight hours, His inner timer might be set to the earths and not your light system. One of my chams is like that. Wakes and sleeps with the sun despite the cage lights. Its just a thought and i really dont think its the heat because in nature the heat flucuates much more then our cages do. as long as you dont see signs of RI. Also be careful with fogging in the airtight enclosure. Keep it to short time periods or RI could happen.
thank you so much ☺️

Back
Top Bottom