Something seems off… closing eyes while light is on. Probably just time for a vet visit?

Wow this seems pretty intense... Is this what is recommended with this enclosure type? I am going to tag in a few others that use jungle dawns... @Sonny13 @crosscutts @SteveH What are your thoughts on using 4 jungle dawn bars? I am only using 1 and it is bright as heck. Wondering in relation to being too intense for a cham sitting 9 inches away from them.
Good question, depends on how large the enclosure is and which length the jungle bars are. I’m using 2 in my largest setup, and the biggest and the middle one jungle bar.

Personally, I would take away the 2 I marked. I’m running 2 jungle bars in a 6+ foot wide and heigh enclosure and vegetation grows like crazy. 4 could be too bright and causing eye troubles. I think 2 incl the uvb is more then enough.
42D35CA7-DBE2-4B21-93A3-3EBE24DFE3DF.jpeg

Wow this seems pretty intense... Is this what is recommended with this enclosure type? I am going to tag in a few others that use jungle dawns... @Sonny13 @crosscutts @SteveH What are your thoughts on using 4 jungle dawn bars? I am only using 1 and it is bright as heck. Wondering in relation to being too intense for a cham sitting 9 inches away from them.
All
All of my enclosures are the 24x24x48 with two 22in. JD bars with no issues. I believe @crosscutts uses 4 on his large Tamura Design enclosures.

Personally, I would take away the 2 I marked. I’m running 2 jungle bars in a 6+ foot wide and heigh enclosure and vegetation grows like crazy. 4 could be too bright and causing eye troubles. I think 2 incl the uvb is more then enough.
View attachment 344871
That makes sense I was wondering about that last night, I was thinking that the fact that it wasn’t warm enough for him to hang out lower and the lights were significantly brighter could be the whole problem. I’ve definitely got some tweaking to do!

I know that this is how many @crosscutts uses, I believe his are only 22 inches though. The ficus do like a lot of light… but I think I am going to dial it back I hate to be blinding the poor guy 🥲

I could see having 2 on it but 4 to me seems a bit much. But this is my opinion lol
I could see having 2 on it but 4 to me seems a bit much. But this is my opinion lol
yeah my guy spends a lot of time at the top so probably not the best for my situation, then again I now wonder if all the time at the top is due to not enough heat… we’ll see. Thanks again. Appreciate you

That makes sense I was wondering about that last night, I was thinking that the fact that it wasn’t warm enough for him to hang out lower and the lights were significantly brighter could be the whole problem. I’ve definitely got some tweaking to do!
I doubt this is the direct cause for the eye problem, but 2 is more then enough. Still relating it to supplementation

Yeah, my cages are so heavily planted that the jungle dawns don’t brighten up the entire cage. in fact, a lot of my plants cover up the jungle dawns. but before that I used to use 6 t 5 plant lights. Mainly to bring up the plant growth but let’s not forget the sun is brighter than all of this together. i’ve had this discussion with many people. The majority agree you don’t get eye problems from lights.

Back
Top Bottom