Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Here is our 90x45x60 Exo Terra with Diggy inside loving the new setup.
20171203_211351.jpg

This is not finished

The water will drip into the pan and roll down the slanted table into a funnel that will direct the water to a britanfilter and then back into the high pressure water mister , making a closed system , I want to use some of he water for the driller system so I have to make a rig but I'm going to be super clever about this.

How did this turn out for you Owl?

After a couple weeks of work I'm just about done with preparing a Carpet Cham's enclosure. Hopefully by the time I'm able to get my carpet the plants have grown to provide more cover. I know substrate is a sin, but everything you see is great stuffed & siliconed down. If it proves to be a problem, everything in here is easily removed. I GS/Siliconed the bottom, I sanded the GS to slope to the middle. The excess water will flow into drain/clear tubing leading to the dump bucket. Fogger is hidden in PVC, DIY magnetic planters are GS/Siliconed with coco. All the vines were DIY including the 1 vine in the middle that looks different than the others. This vine is held by magnets so I can adjust to exactly where he would like to bask if he doesn't use the wood. BTW is a 18x18x36 since carpets are smaller chameleons.

All that remains is installing my mistking & a couple lighting projects. Then keeping an eye on temp/humidity until I'm able to get the carpet I want.

My goal was to build something that didn't look store bought or an eye sore in my home office. I wanted something that was aesthetically pleasing but most importantly provided the cham a perfect habitat. Additionally, it had to be somewhat easy to clean & that everything could be removed if needed.

Thoughts? Ideas? Advice?

IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0444.jpg IMG_0448.jpg

After a couple weeks of work I'm just about done with preparing a Carpet Cham's enclosure. Hopefully by the time I'm able to get my carpet the plants have grown to provide more cover. I know substrate is a sin, but everything you see is great stuffed & siliconed down. If it proves to be a problem, everything in here is easily removed. I GS/Siliconed the bottom, I sanded the GS to slope to the middle. The excess water will flow into drain/clear tubing leading to the dump bucket. Fogger is hidden in PVC, DIY magnetic planters are GS/Siliconed with coco. All the vines were DIY including the 1 vine in the middle that looks different than the others. This vine is held by magnets so I can adjust to exactly where he would like to bask if he doesn't use the wood. BTW is a 18x18x36 since carpets are smaller chameleons.

All that remains is installing my mistking & a couple lighting projects. Then keeping an eye on temp/humidity until I'm able to get the carpet I want.

My goal was to build something that didn't look store bought or an eye sore in my home office. I wanted something that was aesthetically pleasing but most importantly provided the cham a perfect habitat. Additionally, it had to be somewhat easy to clean & that everything could be removed if needed.

Thoughts? Ideas? Advice?

View attachment 198994 View attachment 198995 View attachment 198996
Looks very nice!

My temporary set up. Have only had Zeke Jr a week now. Building custom screened one.

Attachments

• CD14B45D-DDBC-4C3B-B753-4C4DA6A78CBF.jpeg
    CD14B45D-DDBC-4C3B-B753-4C4DA6A78CBF.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 403
  • FFA1960F-AEFA-4E65-B77D-4385768B1B0B.jpeg
    FFA1960F-AEFA-4E65-B77D-4385768B1B0B.jpeg
    239.3 KB · Views: 400
This is mine. I converted my spare bedroom's closet into a dual cage.i have cut the legs on the red stand so it's as low as the other stand on the left side.

Attachments

• 20180224_090411.jpg
    20180224_090411.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 377
New cage enclosure setup for draco.:cool: Used Great Stuff black noir for covering pots. Sprayed onto branches not the cage itself. Plant light so bright it's hard to take pics.:(

Going to redo the right side alittle by lowering and smaller pot for Pachira since its roots are so small.

Drac plant will be replaced with a Nepethes from bradsgreenhouse of a mirabilis var. globosa x hamata hybrid tissue culture from Borneo Exotics. He had madagascariensis but after talking with him it's prob not the best choice even if you are trying to recreate it's environment it still has trouble. I can't even find bigger plants that are not wild seems to die on most people eventualy.

I am not worried of using nepenthes for adults or sub adults but I wouldn't use something like glandulifera that oozes nector all over it's outside pichers and drips all over, in case of it getting in the chameleons eyes. Some species might look good but the leaves are pretty thin and easy to rip like pure species mirabilis also.

Dragon Strand Breeder Series Large
Golden Pothos
Dracaena plant (Getting replaced with nepenthes soon)
Prayer Plant
Pachira Plant
UVB = T5 high output 5.0 zoomed
Basking = 39w Halogen floodlight PAR20 dimmable
Plant light = Arcadia Jungle Dawn LED Spotlight 40w
Misting = MistKing

20180409_165058.jpg
20180409_165444.jpg
20180409_165444.jpg
20180409_165500.jpg
IMG_20180409_181321_021.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pics from my builds in chronological order :) My chameleon start in glass, then move to reptibreeze L and now he is in hopefully permanent home in reptibreeze XL build no.2 :) (first one was with ficus, but that stupid tree dropped 70% of leaves)
QBrV6Ok.jpg
2LWT4PH.jpg

xOlWBjb.jpg
653Mqzv.jpg
after leaves fall away
vwKTz8z.jpg

newest build (plants in pots so i can replace them if something happens to them :D )
gNrIYsv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom