New Mt. Meru Babies

Discussion in 'Chameleon Breeding' started by MeruJack, Aug 20, 2015.

1. MeruJack

MeruJack Avid Member

Today I welcomed my second batch of babies in less than a month. On July 23rd my Werner's gave birth to 8 babies (I didn't even know she was pregnant). And this morning, one of my gravid Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's gave birth to 5 live babies and one "stillborn." I knew she was gravid because I asked for a gravid female and she arrived just last month. She is very tiny and from the length of her horn, I'd say she is very young. I have a Mt. Meru that was born last November and her horn is about 3 times as long as this mama's is. Anyway, I think the "stillborn" would have made it with a little help if I had been present when they were born. I found her attached to the side of the screen enclosure still in her sack. I will try to attach a pic of one of the babies, the stillborn (because, though sad, it is fascinating to see), and a pic of the mom. These babies are already as big or bigger than the Werner's. They are very active and alert.

Attached Files:

2. JaxyGirl

JaxyGirl Avid Member

Congrats on your new babies!! It's sad that one didn't make it but it's wonderful that the others are healthy :)

3. Motherlode Chameleon

Motherlode Chameleon Chameleon Enthusiast

Congratulations about the newborns babies! Thanks for posting pictures. Why have you got 3 baby Trioceros werneri on your signature if the female gave birth to 8? Are they all Okay?

Best Regards
    Jeremy A. Rich

4. gulimolex

gulimolex New Member

congrats! they are adorable! :)

5. CarlC

CarlC Established Member

Congratulations on the new babies Pamela!

Carl