New Mt. Meru Babies

MeruJack

Avid Member
Today I welcomed my second batch of babies in less than a month. On July 23rd my Werner's gave birth to 8 babies (I didn't even know she was pregnant). And this morning, one of my gravid Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's gave birth to 5 live babies and one "stillborn." I knew she was gravid because I asked for a gravid female and she arrived just last month. She is very tiny and from the length of her horn, I'd say she is very young. I have a Mt. Meru that was born last November and her horn is about 3 times as long as this mama's is. Anyway, I think the "stillborn" would have made it with a little help if I had been present when they were born. I found her attached to the side of the screen enclosure still in her sack. I will try to attach a pic of one of the babies, the stillborn (because, though sad, it is fascinating to see), and a pic of the mom. These babies are already as big or bigger than the Werner's. They are very active and alert.

Attachments

• meru on hand.jpg
    meru on hand.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 332
  • stillborn.jpg
    stillborn.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 324
  • meruby.jpg
    meruby.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 302
Congrats on your new babies!! It's sad that one didn't make it but it's wonderful that the others are healthy :)

Congratulations about the newborns babies! Thanks for posting pictures. Why have you got 3 baby Trioceros werneri on your signature if the female gave birth to 8? Are they all Okay?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom