My 1st Panther Chameleon

I need some ideas how I can raise my RH% at night. The best I can do now it turn on my Humidifier before bed and set it between 5-8hrs . I typically go to bed at 10pm.

Does anyone breed there own Crickets?. Looks pretty easy. The stick so im unsure if I want to deal with that smell more than I do now.

I need some ideas how I can raise my RH% at night. The best I can do now it turn on my Humidifier before bed and set it between 5-8hrs . I typically go to bed at 10pm.
I just turn my humidifier up. By the time lights are on in morning it's 80-90% humidity. Then I turn it to low for the rest of the day.
Does anyone breed there own Crickets?. Looks pretty easy. The stick so im unsure if I want to deal with that smell more than I do now.
Only the nose challenged breed crickets lol

I just turn my humidifier up. By the time lights are on in morning it's 80-90% humidity. Then I turn it to low for the rest of the day.
Only the nose challenged breed crickets lol

I will give it a try. Mine blows directly into the cage. Should I not do that?. Should I set it on high?. I can turn it on before bed. It has a timer I can set from 1-12hrs. If I turn it on at 10 I think 8 hrs should be fine?.

I will give it a try. Mine blows directly into the cage. Should I not do that?. Should I set it on high?. I can turn it on before bed. It has a timer I can set from 1-12hrs. If I turn it on at 10 I think 8 hrs should be fine?.
I have mine about 3ft away. And yeah that's sounds good. Just monitor it the best you can until you get it dialed in.

I'm a bit concerned about Ares going under the heat lamp. I have it set for his branch. I have found him sitting directly under the heat lamp. I don't want to cook him. Is there anyway to keep him from crawling under that light?.

Hes def getting use to me. Maybe he will like riding on me someday lol.
DSCN0519.JPG

I had a digi in the cage. Sensor failed after getting wet. If Sensor gets wet it wont function properly. From what I've read analogs work OK..I have a bunch of digi's outside the cage. Looking at the ones outside the analog is almost the same. Im looking for a water prof sensor. Might try this model

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A39VTLCPMNRL3Z

Escapee's are tossed into the cage.

See post #86 heat lamp issue :) .

This is the digi that got wet. Wont work anymore.
31o42tlRsHL.jpg

Last edited:
I had a digi in the cage. Sensor failed after getting wet. If Sensor gets wet it wont function properly. From what I've read analogs work OK..I have a bunch of digi's outside the cage. Looking at the ones outside the analog is almost the same. Im looking for a water prof sensor. Might try this model

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A39VTLCPMNRL3Z

Escapee's are tossed into the cage.

See post #86 heat lamp issue :) .

This is the digi that got wet. Wont work anymore.
View attachment 233766
Just giving you a hard time. I use the ZooMed digital thermometer/hydrometer. Hasn't failed me yet.

OK so I got that water prof temp/humidity meter. Seems to be working. In is the meter, Out is inside the cage where the sensor is. Look how much different RH% is between in/out. I also got some Teflon fog nozzles samples. These are 1gpm with a screen. I'm not sure these will work with that screen. It protrudes to much. I can modify them. There allot cheaper than Mistking. RH% went up to 80% after turning on my Humidifier to high. I turned it down to low. I will find a happy medium.

What RH% should I shoot for at night?>

DSCN0552.JPG
DSCN0546.JPG

Last edited:
I have another 24x48 cage I could setup with bare bones so Ares could enjoy outdoor activities. Are there any neg reasons why I shouldn't bother?.

Today Ares took a tumble from pretty high in the cage. I was watching him crawl through the Pathos the mister came on. I think ti startled him. He grabbed onto a leaf that couldn't hold his weight and fell to the bottom screen. He Looked a bit dazzed. Freaked me out. I looked for any damage he looks ok. I don't want that to happen again.

He has started to shed again. I don't know how often that's suppose to happen.

DSCN0575.JPG

Last edited:
Today Ares took a tumble from pretty high in the cage. I was watching him crawl through the Pathos the mister came on. I think ti startled him. He grabbed onto a leaf that couldn't hold his weight and fell to the bottom screen. He Looked a bit dazzed. Freaked me out. I looked for any damage he looks ok. I don't want that to happen again.

He has started to shed again. I don't know how often that's suppose to happen.

View attachment 234005
They are kind of built for tumbling out of trees. I mean have you ever see to male Panthers fighting?! It's amazing to see. Anyways one head butts the other out of the tree completely. They get dazzled and eventually walk away to find a different tree. Not saying you should play basketball with your chameleon or anything. Just keep an eye on him. Shedding happens when it happens. Usually for juveniles I find it to run closely to once a month maybe a little earlier so like 25 days or so.

Whats the RH% I should be shooting for at night?. Right now its been stable at 70% with the humidifier running on medium ..

Back
Top Bottom