My 1st Panther Chameleon

I noticed when the sensor got to 90% rh it wouldn't display the value anymore. I will go with 75-80% since It wont show much higher.

On another note Ares still has some dead skin in the corner of the eye orb. Its been there for 3 days now. Is that something I need to take care of?.

I noticed when the sensor got to 90% rh it wouldn't display the value anymore. I will go with 75-80% since It wont show much higher.

On another note Ares still has some dead skin in the corner of the eye orb. Its been there for 3 days now. Is that something I need to take care of?.
Leave the shed... It will come off on its own. He will rub it off. It may still be attached and that is why it is holding on.

I just wanted to share this photo why you don’t remove shed I was slowly getting it off on my own when the vet decided he wanted to rip it off. Everytime I see her back now I feel bad I allowed that moron to touch her
667D8B07-1E72-453D-840C-047DED238005.png
737FD958-2B3A-40D5-80F5-75878EC4A6B5.png
7CB4B0F7-DFC2-4111-A80C-29BD3D795C7A.png
9780D2F2-72AC-4789-8201-0E72973AAF97.png
22ACE062-9171-4FC8-B321-4CBE5421C52B.png

I just wanted to share this photo why you don’t remove shed I was slowly getting it off on my own when the vet decided he wanted to rip it off. Everytime I see her back now I feel bad I allowed that moron to touch herView attachment 234421View attachment 234422View attachment 234423View attachment 234424View attachment 234425

Thanks for the reply ...
I learned a long time ago It's always best to ask if you don't know the answer. Me being a 1st time mitten hand owner I ask allot. I'm sure some are stupid questions. Id rather look stupid then harm my dude.

I'm really surprised a vet would not know they shouldn't do that. Id find another vet.:mad:. Most would listen to a vets advise.

Thanks for the reply ...
I learned a long time ago It's always best to ask if you don't know the answer. Me being a 1st time mitten hand owner I ask allot. I'm sure some are stupid questions. Id rather look stupid then harm my dude.

I'm really surprised a vet would not know they shouldn't do that. Id find another vet.:mad:. Most would listen to a vets advise.
I was told there is not such thing as a stupid question, so your in the right place. I did find a new vet after this. My new one is great and takes the time to explain everything is such detail. Could tell he actually knew what he was doing and talking about.

when you guys need crickets is there any place you recommend above others in the USA?. Do you get home delivery or pick up at USPS?> My last batch had really bad die off rate. I think its the heat.

when you guys need crickets is there any place you recommend above others in the USA?. Do you get home delivery or pick up at USPS?> My last batch had really bad die off rate. I think its the heat.
Rainbowmealworms.com for most of my feeders. During winter I pick up at post office. Mild weather I have delivered to my house.

Rainbowmealworms.com and dubiaroaches.com are what I have used, both are great
There are also a lot of site sponsors that may have coupon codes or such for forum members. I pick up at my post office, but that's because it's right across the street from me and my apartment office wont accept "live animal" deliveries.. but the old ladies at the post office get a kick out of the different bugs I pick up and always ask to see pictures of Pesto :LOL:

2 of the 3 orders I've placed where excellent. 2 of the good orders where from ebay.... I didn't notice any die off. The 3rd order was from DBD pet. At least 200 died whin a few days. I just placed another order from the ebay guy. I placed a order for silkies from the Silkworm shop. I try to find local places here in Cali. The ebay order is in cali so is the silkworm guy. Silkworm shop doesn't offer crickets. They do offer other feeders. Right now I need small/medium sized insects.

https://www.silkwormshop.com/shopping/agora.cgi?cart_id=
chinese_mantis2.jpg

2 of the 3 orders I've placed where excellent. 2 of the good orders where from ebay.... I didn't notice any die off. The 3rd order was from DBD pet. At least 200 died whin a few days. I just placed another order from the ebay guy. I placed a order for silkies from the Silkworm shop. I try to find local places here in Cali. The ebay order is in cali so is the silkworm guy. Silkworm shop doesn't offer crickets. They do offer other feeders. Right now I need small/medium sized insects.

https://www.silkwormshop.com/shopping/agora.cgi?cart_id=
View attachment 234589
I need mantids that size!

Ive been watching Ares the last few nights with the Humidifier on.. I can see the mist raining down on him. Is there any issues with that??>

Ive been watching Ares the last few nights with the Humidifier on.. I can see the mist raining down on him. Is there any issues with that??>
I don't see why it would. We fog them we mist them. What's a little fallen water vapors going to hurt? I would just recommend trying not to though. If you can move the humidifier further away or point it in a off angle so it's not blasting him.

It shouldnt at all. As long as it is a cool mist you are all set. If your concerned then dial back the amount that comes out. But Beman sleeps right where the fog falls in the back of his cage. He is perfectly healthy.

He sleeps at the very bottom branch in the cage. He heads to that same branch avery night. The fog/mist comes in at the very top. I can see it makes its way down where he is.
He is fine hun. I will tell you since I started fogging Beman I rarely ever see him drink during the day now. So don't freak out if you don't see him drinking. Just be sure you are cleaning the fogger and the tube at least weekly.

Back
Top Bottom