My 1st Panther Chameleon

I got my next Cricket order from the Cricket ranch here in Cali. This time I got 1000 3/4". I got my order in 2 days, it was on my porch at 7am. . That def helps with it so hot right now.

I had to find a better way to transfer crickets from the box to the smaller 10g containers.
I got a 25g trash can to empty the box into. I did not get a lid for it. I did cut air holes at the bottom and top covered in screen. Probably didn't need the top hole. I will probably go get a lid and modify with screen mesh. For now I hot glued one side with a small flap I can close with Velcro. Its much easier to empty the box into a large container 1st. Than stack egg crates inside for about 15 minutes. I can than transfer the egg crates to the smaller 10g containers. Here's my ghetto cricket holding bin lol.

DSCN0715.JPG DSCN0717.JPG DSCN0718.JPG

Remove the humidifier that is directly going in his cage, great idea but It causes URI, unless your cleaning it everyday there’s bacteria that grows inside the tube. Just Keep the humidifier near his cage. the only time a chameleon needs high humidity is at night and early mornings. In my research over time and experience, there should be little humidity once your basking comes on. I did not see if anyone said anything about that. I can forward you a link to a great herpatalogists that spent his life studying chameleons. Again i spray before basking light turns on and at night after I turn it off. I own 7 panther chameleons and one veiled.

We
Remove the humidifier that is directly going in his cage, great idea but It causes URI, unless your cleaning it everyday there’s bacteria that grows inside the tube. Just Keep the humidifier near his cage. the only time a chameleon needs high humidity is at night and early mornings. In my research over time and experience, there should be little humidity once your basking comes on. I did not see if anyone said anything about that. I can forward you a link to a great herpatalogists that spent his life studying chameleons. Again i spray before basking light turns on and at night after I turn it off. I own 7 panther chameleons and one veiled.

We already discussed that in this thread. It's only used at night.

I got a Dragon XL and a Zoo XL cage. I had to modify the dragon cage to fix the gaps on the doors. Way to big.. The Zoo XL went together much better. Had no gaps that needed fixing. I was not impressed with the Dragon cage. I liked the Zoo better. I do like the dragon ledges and the bottom screen. I just ordered a custom bottom screen for the Zoo XL cage.

Back
Top Bottom