My 1st Panther Chameleon

Its been damn hot here. My HVAC broke on the 28th. I had someone come to fix it. They don't seen to be very knowledgeable with a 1974 heat pump. Ive been keeping the heat lamp off. Ares has been staying low in the cage. Temps are pushing 90F in the house. My Frenchie cant handle the heat either.. I had to go get a Portable AC. I have the parts so they better show up tomorrow or there fired. :mad:
cricket .jpg

Its been damn hot here. My HVAC broke on the 28th. I had someone come to fix it. They don't seen to be very knowledgeable with a 1974 heat pump. Ive been keeping the heat lamp off. Ares has been staying low in the cage. Temps are pushing 90F in the house. My Frenchie cant handle the heat either.. I had to go get a Portable AC. I have the parts so they better show up tomorrow or there fired. :mad:
View attachment 234812
OMG I LOVE THE PUPPY!!!!!!!!!

He's my buddy, goes with me everywhere I go. He was 3 years old in that pic. His name is Cricket :LOL:.

I finallly got the HVAC system back up and running. We where all pretty miserable. I had to fire the last guy. Getting hard to find honest, knowledgeable HVAC techs.

He's my buddy, goes with me everywhere I go. He was 3 years old in that pic. His name is Cricket :LOL:.

I finallly got the HVAC system back up and running. We where all pretty miserable. I had to fire the last guy. Getting hard to find honest, knowledgeable HVAC techs.

I WANT A FRENCHIE!!!!:love::love:

keeping Ares from crawling under the heat lamp has been difficult. The heat coming off the bulb is 155f. he sits right under it, as if he likes it that hot. I have to move the light every time I find him under it.

keeping Ares from crawling under the heat lamp has been difficult. The heat coming off the bulb is 155f. he sits right under it, as if he likes it that hot. I have to move the light every time I find him under it.
Why is it so hot? Going to have a cooked chameleon well done soon

All bulbs at the surface are very hot. His basking branch is about 6" away at 80F.. He crawls up on the cage sits under the bulb less than an 1" from him.

Is it sitting right on the top screen? If so, maybe consider raising it up a few inches. I had to do this with mine. I made a cylinder out of a couple of inches of hardware cloth and zip ties and then attached the lamp to it and then zipped tied the assembly to the top screen. Chameleons don't move if they get too hot, so you need to make sure he can't accidently cook himself.

Attachments

• 6DBE093F-4C22-4F10-88D0-9CFD964A6072.jpeg
    6DBE093F-4C22-4F10-88D0-9CFD964A6072.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 161
Is it sitting right on the top screen? If so, maybe consider raising it up a few inches. I had to do this with mine. I made a cylinder out of a couple of inches of hardware cloth and zip ties and then attached the lamp to it and then zipped tied the assembly to the top screen. Chameleons don't move if they get too hot, so you need to make sure he can't accidentally cook himself.

He hangs upside down from the top screen. His belly would be right under the lamp.. He will just have to deal with a cooler basking area. He can crawl up there if he wants to get warmer. I use a lamp holder with a goose neck fixture. Its easy to bend it up. I cant take the risk he wont burn himself so its raised permanently/.
61AVuCmj13L._SL1500_.jpg 91PFYz-xCcL._SY879_.jpg

Last edited:
Ares is out for about 10hrs a day. He's on his sleeping branch with his tail curled up. Do you guys leave your main lights on for 12hrs no matter what?. I started to turn off everything once hes down for the night.

I will leave the main light on. I see no need to leave the heat lamp on. Its not adding any benefit with ares at the bottom of the cage.

Something smells in the cage I cant find where its coming from. Unless Ares himself stinks I cant find any droppings or dead feeders anywhere. I started misting the fake plants and branches with hot water. I clean the bin and screen with Anti bacterial soap everyday. Am I missing something ?.

Back
Top Bottom