My 1st Panther Chameleon

So with UVB this is one of those the only way to know for sure is to either have a solarmeter 6.5 or be able to mimic someone else's set up exactly. But it has to be the same fixture, bulbs, cage, branch levels etc.

You may want to consider installing the misting head in the corner on the inside of the enclosure so your not taking up space on top.

For basking you can do something like this and mount it with screws to the cage. Use a clamp lamp to create the angle for the light to go more to where the uvb is hitting. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D1BUJY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In my set up my uvb bulb is in the back position closest to the heat fixture. This way where the heat is directed is also where the uvb is. They get warmth and uvb while basking.

Here is mine.
View attachment 232663View attachment 232664
I've read that this basking light clamp fixture thing wont fit taller cages. How did you mount it?

I've read that this basking light clamp fixture thing wont fit taller cages. How did you mount it?
The flat piece that sticks on the cage I lined up where I wanted it and took it back off and drilled small holes in it. Then I used a small screw and secured it to the cage. :) But the only way I found to get the angle I wanted was with using a clamp lamp with it.

The flat piece that sticks on the cage I lined up where I wanted it and took it back off and drilled small holes in it. Then I used a small screw and secured it to the cage. :) But the only way I found to get the angle I wanted was with using a clamp lamp with it.
Interesting, thanks! I have 2 empty bath and body works candles propping up my basking lamp right now... :LOL: :LOL:

I got my mist head installed inside. Ares is already down on his sleeping branch. Lights came on at 7am by 4pm he's ready for bed.
DSCN0461[1].JPG

LOL,

Ares must prefer Super worms over Crickets. He always eats them 1st. Should I not put them in everyday?.
How many are you putting in? Typically supers are about 20 percent of the total amount of feeders. Since they are not easy to gutload their nutritional value is lower then other feeders.

He will single out the 2-3 in the feeder before going after crickets. He def gets plenty of other feeders. He always eats supers 1st.

I noticed he doesn't climb up on the top screen since I moved the light down. He use to spend allot of time up there before.

He will single out the 2-3 in the feeder before going after crickets. He def gets plenty of other feeders. He always eats supers 1st.

I noticed he doesn't climb up on the top screen since I moved the light down. He use to spend allot of time up there before.
Oh then you are fine with just 2-3. Yep they can sense where their uvb is. :) That is good that he is not screen climbing on the top now. Can be a worry with thermal burns.

I don't use the spot lights anymore. I use the exo terra sun glo incandescent regular bulbs. The spots are very focused heat in one area. Can get really hot. You can use regular incandescent house hold bulbs as well. Just make sure they are not LED>

Whats the difference?. I looked at those bulbs they look the same. There both UVA incandescent bulbs.
https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Su...a+sunglo&qid=1558459098&s=gateway&sr=8-2&th=1

After watching Ares he likes climbing on the top screen upside down. The T5 edge was preventing his claws from grasping the screen. I put 2" blocks under the T5 to raise it up a bit. He noticed and made his way to up there.
Im not sure why he does it but he def likes it.

Last edited:
Whats the difference?. I looked at those bulbs they look the same. There both UVA incandescent bulbs.
https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Sun-Glo-100-Watt-120-Volt/dp/B0002AR3NU/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=exo+terra+sunglo&qid=1558459098&s=gateway&sr=8-2&th=1

After watching Ares he likes climbing on the top screen upside down. The T5 edge was preventing his claws from grasping the screen. I put 2" blocks under the T5 to raise it up a bit. He noticed and made his way to up there.
Im not sure why he does it but he def likes it.
I use this one in the 100 watt. You might need the 60 or 100 just depends on positioning of the fixture. These are not a spot light so the heat is dispersed more normally then a focused beam. https://www.amazon.com/Exo-Terra-Su...qid=1558459916&s=gateway&sr=8-2-fkmrnull&th=1

Is there a way to stop getting emails about every reply. I changed everything I could find with email alerts.

Back
Top Bottom