Killa Cham.....

Jhov2324

This thread is to follow my progress in the world of chameleon's. I've done some research and I'm in the process of getting everything I need before I get a Veiled Chameleon.

Cage is 36 x 18 x 18
Monsoon Mister is on the way
18" Strip Light w/ Reptisun 5.0
5 1/2" Dome w/ 65 watt Bulb..I think Ima use 100 watt bulb instead
(At the moment I have a Zilla Combo Dome Light) would like to trade or sell ;)
Coco Fiber Background is in the works...
Arbicola Tree
Bromeliad, Planing to add one more...they add great color...
Pothos if i have the space
2 fake exo terra mandarin plants small...they are good fillers for the top corners
VINES (in the mail)
Custom Drain - ALL THANKS TO MWheelock.. I totally stole his idea :eek:
Its a cement mixing pan from homedepot about $6 I had to cut to size to fit my cage and then cut a hole and inserted a flat shower drain. I put a piece of cardboard under the bin where the plants are located so the water can flow into the drain. The bin is black and covers the pots up nicely. I really dont like the look of pots in the cage. So this works for me :D

For Feeders i have a 2 draw container setup for Dubia's i will hopefully get from DEVIOUS... Top section is for the adults and feeders. I drilled 1/4" holes in the bottom of the top drawer so the babies can escape the adults into the bottom section. Supplements will be Calcium every other day, Calcium D3 2x a month, Multivitamins every 15th of the month...

Well I guess thats it LOL...i hope so anyway...

So here are some pics of the setup so far...

I made the stand out of MDF wood

cham-1.jpg

Put the cage together and cut bin to fit..plants are in :cool:
chamcage2.jpg

Added plants and painted stand finished drain...pics to come of that
chamcage3.jpg

The cage looks very nice but I would like to add a couple of things. You need some branches and vines for "walkways". Also a branch underneath your basking light for your cham to sit on and absorb the heat. Move your basking light to one side of the cage so your chameleon has that one area to heat up and not heat up the whole cage like you have it in the middle. Make sure that your basking branch is about 6-8 inches down from the heat source so your chameleon cannot touch any part of his body to the screen and burn. You really do not need a 100watt. A 60 watt should be sufficient as you want your basking temp in the low 80's.

I set up the vines so it spirals from basking spot to near the bottom and across and back to front....I also added a piece of paneling on the back which will hold the coco fiber...I coated the panel with URETHANE spray so its protected from moisture and water. OH and there is the stand painted black :D

chamcage4.jpg

You are going to provide a good home for your cham. Can you tell me where you got your vines from? Thank you .

Honestly I got them from petland. One small and one large vine they are 6ft each and are bendable..... i did "some" reasearch and no matter what it'll cost about $30 for the set..

Thanks folks.....I'm thinking of adding some bamboo sticks for the back of the cage...or would that be too much :confused:

My 3 plants are in Pothos, Bromeliad, Umbrella Tree I need something for the top Center :confused: maybe some more plastic leaves??
chamer.jpg

Very nicely done there buddy.

From my side i say it perfect as is leave some roaming space, other wise it is too dense and the feeders hide :D

Back
Top Bottom