Cham Enclosure Build from old liquor cabinet

Camel Leon

I bought an old liquor cabinet the other day and am about to start repurposing it for a cham enclosure. Outside dimensions are 78”X51”X20”, interior is 47”X47”18”. I wish it had a little more depth, but maybe the 4' width will help offset.

It has glass on the left and right sides. The left side glass will stay in place and will get caulked and waterproof painted, the right side will have mesh for ventilation. I will cut the top off and leave a 2" border on all sides. I plan on cutting a drain hole in the bottom. To get the slant for water runoff, I am going to put a thin bed of concrete that slopes to the drain hole.

Lighting is 2 24" ReptiSun UVB 5.0, and a 75W basking lamp. Misting is a MistKing. The back and left side will have a PetBackDrops background (https://www.petbackdrops.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66_74&product_id=624)

Just getting started so nothing else to show.....thanks

IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_3014.JPG

IMG_3015.JPG

Exciting! Please share your progress as you work on this project! Any idea on what kind of chameleon you want to put in it when complete?

Exciting! Please share your progress as you work on this project! Any idea on what kind of chameleon you want to put in it when complete?
Thanks.....I started to buy a DragonStrand or Tamura but thought this would be an interesting project..........I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Panther.....I like the Jackson's also

Have had a few health issues lately but managed to get a little bit done today......cut the top out and sanded edges, cut the drain hole, and set the bottom edges

IMG_3022.JPG

This right side will have screen on it for ventilation

IMG_3023.JPG

I am working on this in my garage.....this is looking up thru the top......

IMG_3024.JPG

Well, this project just came to a screeching grinding halt. Found out today that I can't have personal pets at work, and this is where it was going to go.......don't really have any place here at the house.....guess I should have checked that earlier.....my bad.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement here, maybe someday. I'll leave this up in case it helps anybody with ideas.......

Am I allowed to cuss on here? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well, this project just came to a screeching grinding halt. Found out today that I can't have personal pets at work, and this is where it was going to go.......don't really have any place here at the house.....guess I should have checked that earlier.....my bad.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement here, maybe someday. I'll leave this up in case it helps anybody with ideas.......

Am I allowed to cuss on here? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Oh thats a bummer Im sorry!

Yeah, I'm not too happy about this.....was really looking forward to getting into the wonderful world of chameleons........but, I should have checked first, so that's on me.....

Unless I can figure out a way to rearrange furniture in our master bedroom........hmmmmmm

Yeah, I'm not too happy about this.....was really looking forward to getting into the wonderful world of chameleons........but, I should have checked first, so that's on me.....

Unless I can figure out a way to rearrange furniture in our master bedroom........hmmmmmm
Look into that. Rearranging is a great idea!

I don’t think you need a dresser, could probably do without the bed if you have a couch and poof room made for this chameleon addiction! Jk
Good luck, that really stinks about work. 🤞it works out for you. These little creatures capture your heart and your home very quickly.

It is better that the chameleon is at home. Honestly you can not control the environment at work the way you can at home. Can you not put the set up in your living room?

I don’t think you need a dresser, could probably do without the bed if you have a couch and poof room made for this chameleon addiction! Jk
Good luck, that really stinks about work. 🤞it works out for you. These little creatures capture your heart and your home very quickly.
Yeah, who needs a bed in the bedroom anyway? :D:D:D

It is better that the chameleon is at home. Honestly you can not control the environment at work the way you can at home. Can you not put the set up in your living room?
I work in a computer department and the climate is tightly controlled, so work actually is not a bad place as far as the environment goes.......but I agree that I have more control over it at home.

I think we may have found a way around this for home, so hopefully the project can continue....more to come. Thanks as always

OK, the project is back on........a little bit of rearranging in the Living Room should do it........and I got the go-ahead from She Who Must Be Obeyed 😁
It will be a beautiful display... If she is a plant lover she will like it even more. It is one of my favorite things about my set up. I adore seeing the jungle I have created in it.

Back
Top Bottom