Guess who's hatchday it is? (pics included)

thePopeJP

:DLeo's!:D Well... at least his MONTHLY one haha. He was hatched on september 13th, so he's officially 5 months old.

I've been worried that he may be a she, me and Tom Kilgour have been going over and over it trying to figure it out... but today... he may have answered the question for us! (If you saw the recent post about basking colors, he totally looked female, with no discernable bulge)

I think he wanted to celebrate the special day and give me a present... knowing he's a boy! (and if not a really beautiful female with a very strong tale base... haha)

So first when I got him our today, he started showing some yellow (completely new!)
imagervh.jpg

Then he was playing on his orchid playground and showing off his bulge...
imageonqt.jpg

THEN he went CRAZY, and flashed colors I never expected to see this early! WHOAAAAAAA!!! He's taking after his dad.
imagexjpo.jpg

Happy 5 month hatchday Leo!

Reactions: Hoj
Definitely will keep the pics coming! He's a bit of a late bloomer, but it looks like he's really going to bloom once he does!

He looks just like my Leo!!!!! though im not sure if its a male or female, at the forums some said it was a female, but at the reptile store they were sure it was a male.. so im not sure.. here are some pics:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-does-he-look-75851/

BTW what bulge were you talking about?? on the bottom or top of the tailbase?

If you look at the bottom, from front to back between his rear legs, there's a vent, followed by a space, and then what looks like a flexed bicep or muscle, that is a "bulge" it's where there hemipenes grow into. It's the only sure way of know a male from a female.

Yours is very pretty by the way, I would also think it is a female, seeing as it has a more muted coloration, and a very smooth tail-base. Is it also named leo?

Happy 5 month hatch day, you big stud.:D

He is a big stud! (or he'll be one eventually) I'm trying to figure out though, what the normal ages are for development. He really seems to be taking his time with the growth and development. Although he may be beginning to shoot up a bit...

What have all of you experienced? I've heard Ambilobes develop VERY fast, and that Sambavas are quite slow. But i've seen everything from a 1 month old being bigger and brighter than Leo, to a 7 month old who looks the same as leo at 5?

it is different for everycham but ive never seen a panther that big or colorfull at 1 month, some people forget that most chams are 3-4months old when they get them and not 1 week, so some say there cham is 3 months when it is prob, closer to 7
i think he looks good for 5m, maybe a bit small but he will grow

it is different for everycham but ive never seen a panther that big or colorfull at 1 month, some people forget that most chams are 3-4months old when they get them and not 1 week, so some say there cham is 3 months when it is prob, closer to 7
i think he looks good for 5m, maybe a bit small but he will grow

I just did a search for "5 month old nosy be" and honestly he looks good! About the same as a few, some are more developed, but I'm no longer worried. Plus with the colors he showed me today, I feel like he was saying, "hey friend, don't worry. I'll get there!"

Back
Top Bottom