New cham, after bad first experience.

Many of you helped me out on my first post, after I recieved my first cham as a bday present. Her health continued to decline...even with the suggested husbandry.
Brought her in today...she was diagnosed with MBD and RI...I cried.. of course. They let me choose a new, healthy, baby. (I wasnt there to pick the first one.)... they said they would treat the female I brought back...but I really don't believe them...I sent her in with her favorite pothos from my enclosure, they said they'd keep it with her...which made me feel a little better. I understand it wasn't my fault,...but i formed a bond with her...and still feel a tightening in my chest over it....

But like suggestested....my first cham experience...shouldn't be with one that's drastically declining...and it took me a while to grasp that. I wanted to save her...but it was out of my hands.

My Uvb light and hood will be here tomorrow after noon.

I picked out a healthy male. No eye problems...no breathing issues. VERY active and colorful. His legs arnt bowed, but he's a little skinnier than I'd like...u can see his hip bones...they were feeding them huge medium crickets...well over the size of the poor babies head. Their enclosure had no plants, and no branches for climbing...once I got him out of the box he came home in, he instantly darted up my arm and into the enclosure. (Swear I almost had a heart attack.) Then he flashed some pretty patterns, basked for about 5 minutes, and now he's exploring.

I will be watching his health like a hawk...after 3 days of him getting used to his enclosure of course... going to need some name ideas...he's a firery ittle guy!

Attachments

• 20221113_182953.jpg
    20221113_182953.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20221113_182958.jpg
    20221113_182958.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20221113_183012.jpg
    20221113_183012.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 20221113_183038.jpg
    20221113_183038.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 60
That was a hard decision to make...returning the female...
I hope they will look after her...don't know if they will though.
Hope this new one does well. At least having a male now, you don't have to worry about reproductive issues females can have.
The lady there said she has 2 panther chams at home, and quickly recognized her condition. I'm hoping she takes her in. Maybe I'll call up there tomorrow and ask.

As for the new little guy, from what you can see from the pics....does he look alright. I feel confident in him being on the healthier side...after witnessing her decline.

He finally settled down...more towards the middle of the enclosure, on a pothos leaf.

The female never left the higher parts of the enclosure...she always staid at the tippy top...maybe trying to heat up to rid the mucus....

Hoping he's a strong eater. Excited to offer him gut loaded tiny crickets in the morning.

I hope the panther cham lady takes good care of the little girl. Poor baby. I know it must have been a horrible decision to make and I’m so sorry that you were even in that position.
You have a beautiful little baby boy now and let the joy of watching him in all his silly cuteness fill your heart. 💗

I hope the panther cham lady takes good care of the little girl. Poor baby. I know it must have been a horrible decision to make and I’m so sorry that you were even in that position.
You have a beautiful little baby boy now and let the joy of watching him in all his silly cuteness fill your heart. 💗
Thank you. Yes it was a tough, and sad decision. I will be calling to day just to ask...hopefully they are "allowed" to tell me.

Back
Top Bottom