Clay's Giant Enclosure Build!

Tuesday, June 13th
Hopefully the plants will come today or even ship today. Can't really work on the cage until tomorrow. :(

Tuesday, June 13th
The plants have shipped today, will probably be here Thursday or Friday, just in time for the cage to be done, but I doubt they will go in there. Tomorrow I will start installing the polywall, screen, and lattice to complete the cage!

Tuesday, June 13th
The plants have shipped today, will probably be here Thursday or Friday, just in time for the cage to be done, but I doubt they will go in there. Tomorrow I will start installing the polywall, screen, and lattice to complete the cage!
Be sure to post pics ;).

Wednesday, June 14th
Clay if officially the weirdest Chameleon alive when handled. He exhibits the typical veiled behavior until he gets on your hand. He will literally hiss at my fingers, then be completely calm after they go underneath him. He hisses at anything now. He hissed at a plant earlier. The only way I can get him to shut up is to put a dubia right in front of his mouth while he's hissing. Then he will eat it (with no tongue shot). He also hissed at my watch, and shot his tongue at my finger twice. Great day :). Cage building will resume tomorrow, and my plants will come then or Friday.

Wednesday, June 14th
Clay if officially the weirdest Chameleon alive when handled. He exhibits the typical veiled behavior until he gets on your hand. He will literally hiss at my fingers, then be completely calm after they go underneath him. He hisses at anything now. He hissed at a plant earlier. The only way I can get him to shut up is to put a dubia right in front of his mouth while he's hissing. Then he will eat it (with no tongue shot). He also hissed at my watch, and shot his tongue at my finger twice. Great day :). Cage building will resume tomorrow, and my plants will come then or Friday.
My little girl veiled can have funny moments. Sometimes she's sweet as can be and other times she's a grumpy little beauty . She does not like glasses of any kind ever lol . She sees her self and gets all up set that theirs another chameleon invading HER territory :mad:. She hates her feeding cup!!. On her cracket days she flayers , Suaze , then the bites happens . She bites her cup . I've tried others and it's the same . I guess she feel at no time should that cup EVER be in my condo :mad: !!. :love: Love our little girl she's very sassy !!.

Friday, June 16th
The plants (hopefully, don't have very high expectations because I ordered them almost three weeks ago) will probably come today. I got Orchid planting soil to hold the Jeweled Orchid yesterday. Today or tomorrow I will install the polywall and extra bracing. After the plants and lights go in, Clay will officially have a new home!

Friday, June 16th
The plants are FINALLY here. The Jeweled Orchid is just as beautiful as I expected it to be. I included pics of every plant and an updated pic of my "greenhouse".
IMG_2473.JPG
IMG_2474.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    283.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    240.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    182.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 98
Sunday, June 18th
I got the polywall, screen, and remaining bracing yesterday. Will probably cut it and install some tomorrow, but I couldn't do a lot since today was Father's Day. Instead, I made a few native terrariums, each with a jumping spider in it.

Attachments

• IMG_2501.JPG
    IMG_2501.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2500.JPG
    IMG_2500.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom