Starting my Build W.I.P

Pickle-cham

Chameleon Enthusiast
Stuff has started to arrived to start my wall mounted Reptibreeze xl build.
Making this post for hints tips & constructive criticism i may or may not ignore ??
Going to start with the fixing of brackets & mounts to the wall. My first questions is placement, im going to put cage in corner of our living room opposite corner to television, have a large west-south-west facing window that won't beam any light into closure.
It will be adjacent too access door to rest of apartment with a door to kitchen in same corner as the door. Its the quietest corner of living room it will be next to a 250 litre fishtank aswell, sound ok? Also a gas central heating radiator near to it about 2 feet away.
Should have 5 inch space roughly Either side, i plan to have a foamex printed custom backdrop once i fire the desktop up (very difficult to work with images on phone unfortunately ?).
Drainage i have a rough idea what im planning is have a smaller shelf underneath with a window planter type thing for the reservoir and piping to a sink waste trap in middle of the reptibreeze base plate pulling it down for water flow gradient.
There will be a shelf above enclosure with a multi socket plug for lighting and to allow me to provide adjustment for uv light and heat lamp.
Im going to hand mist and use a dripper to start with but will eventually have a mistking once I'm back at work full-time hopefully. I maybe a adding drain to waste water plumbing which I've always wanted for my fish tank for easy water changes.
I have something similar to dragon ledges arriving soon in post, i want to add my branches ive been cleaning with weak bleach and airing out, mostly ivy vines and a small cherry tree (freshly cut down).
Im going to avoid having too many fake vines only 2 or 3 small exoterra type as heard they bad for chams feet by not drying quickly only bought one so far.
I want nothing on the floor of cage for easy cleaning, im getting a panther female so will need a laybin, any ideas on a floating laybin looking for suggestions?
I have been growing a pothos since about a month ago, and have a small umbrella plant and ficus alii tree plus i plan to get a large money tree too as centre piece. Will probably go jungle dawn led bar route for lighting as seems less hassle than the t5ho's plus don't want it too crowded above cage.
This might be a slow build as having problems with getting wood cut locally due to the Covid and sheets of plywood etc very expensive to get posted due too being bulky, im sure I'll work something out though wish me luck will post up pictures as i progress,,,
Any feedback welcome ??

Attachments

• 15906759946325445125301226753547.jpg
    15906759946325445125301226753547.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 179
Brackets up not fun without a hammer drill, reptibreeze mock up( needs a wood base to sit on first.

Attachments

• 1590682935340683480190365177189.jpg
    1590682935340683480190365177189.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 141
Been whittling wood down for my drainage plan and tearing wood with my jigsaw, wood be so much easier with a circular saw but oh well.
Now for painting unfercoatsand more sanding action plenty of elbow grease going into this. IMG_20200602_174254381.jpg crafting table

Brackets up not fun without a hammer drill, reptibreeze mock up( needs a wood base to sit on first.
Confess I'm a little confused... :unsure:
Is this a Reptibreeze enclosure you're mounting on the wall, or a completely DIY based on a Reptibreeze, or what?

What is the black-colored material in post 4, and did it come that way or what did you paint it with?

Yeah it reptibreeze xl which I'm mounting to wall, the build bit will come as in all components come together eventually.
Composed of a bespoke hood im making myself to hide all wiring etc at top and have adjustable lights.
And also my own drainage system which will be abit like a shower base (think what your referring too) which will drain into collection can on shelf underneath. Its the base panel of a reptibteeze xl.
It might not be everybody cup a tea but my style eventually will incorporate misting system and automation via raspberry pie with a saneye type data logging.
But thought I'd catalogue the build on here for tips & tricks info. Only kept a tokay gecko many bmoons ago but have alot of study on keeping a chameleon recently

Yeah it reptibreeze xl which I'm mounting to wall, the build bit will come as in all components come together eventually.
Composed of a bespoke hood im making myself to hide all wiring etc at top and have adjustable lights.
And also my own drainage system which will be abit like a shower base (think what your referring too) which will drain into collection can on shelf underneath. Its the base panel of a reptibteeze xl.
It might not be everybody cup a tea but my style eventually will incorporate misting system and automation via raspberry pie with a saneye type data logging.
But thought I'd catalogue the build on here for tips & tricks info. Only kept a tokay gecko many bmoons ago but have alot of study on keeping a chameleon recently
THX. I like your idea. Has some similarities with my beardie enclosure (wiring & controls above, aim-able lights...)

I thought about getting a Tokay for awhile... until the Missus saw a few vids about them, and didn't want one barking all night long. :LOL: I kinda like their attitude though. (y)

Mine was an absolute pitbull of a lizard two of my mates got bitten by it in same place between finger & thumb and would latch on. I was only one that could handle it, but on hind sight it was poor care. At time i had early 2000s it was in a little wooden viv with glass front and they aboreal like chameleons, but yeah lovely colour and nocturnal yeah like me at the time.

Artwork finalized with printing company ,cant wait to receive this in post its integral to the drainage plan so can move forward finally. Have branches all ready to go in storage in bathroom ? getting a bit of stick off fam Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.24.50.png

I can't tell if that's a right-side-up panorama for wraparound, or rotated on its side for one side. :unsure:
Was there nothing commercially available?

How is it integral to the drainage plan? :unsure:

Sealing the floor pan up to it with other 3 sides having a right angle pvc trim. gives a surge containment & option if i go bio active to add side panels too for substrate. Its on its side btw
I can't tell if that's a right-side-up panorama for wraparound, or rotated on its side for one side. :unsure:
Was there nothing commercially available?

How is it integral to the drainage plan? :unsure:
Seen plenty of jungle shower curtains could have made work and was in my initial plan. Changed my mind by the way i need to change shower curtains every year because gets mildewed.
Don't want to close airflow either so instead going to have a willow trellis on left side (outside of cage) with vine pothos grown on to keep humidity in. So just bk wall covered ?

Hopefully everything will grow in and the background will become just a waterproof to protect wallpapers and electrical outlet under setup.

Almost done now with lighting and drainage next the creative part kitting out the jungle.
Had eventful week after gassing off my painted bits for some ten days my youngest knocked a shelf over and torn the side of my reptibreeze xl ?.
After pulling out the screen to replace with the spare back piece only to find it an inch shorter ? oops stitched a new piece in with fishing wire ? new skills learnt imagine using this new found talent quite a lot in the future lol.
Repotted all plants I'll be using in into new huge pots with my own blends of soil in my ficcus alii i got coffee grounds as well as whats in the umbrella tree and antherium pots a blend of coco coir, charcoal, clay pellets, sharp sand course sand and all purpose peat free compost.
Going to take cuttings from my pothos and make a passive hydroponic drip plant ? and have a potted pothos growing up wall to left of cage. IMG_20200622_145948656.jpg (notice the rip?)
IMG_20200624_211010430.jpg IMG_20200625_125316178.jpg structurel support drainage pan, ^1 in 100 ratio.
IMG_20200625_150505380.jpg waste pipe bling
IMG_20200627_033343146.jpg my custom canopy ? IMG_20200627_033311965.jpg let there be light

Back
Top Bottom