My Bioactive Enclosure Build (Pt. 2)

I only did the "cleaning with isopropyl (70%)" as a precautionary step
I have some mild separation at the top and bottom of the back due to an unfortunate rainstorm during curing, but nothing that can't be easily patched over.

Getting there! Took a break to play with tentative plant positioning. Plants pictured:

• Lipstick plant (aeschynanthus spp.)
  • Carpet bugle (ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow')
  • Brass buttons (leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black')
  • Tropical pitcher plant (nepenthes varicosa)
  • Marble Queen pothos (Epipremnum aureum 'Marble Queen')
  • Creeping fig (ficus pumila)
  • Nerve plant (Fittonia albivenis)
  • Scotch moss (Sagina subulata 'Aurea')

Top down:

I plan on adding a "fluffy ruffles" Boston fern (green circle), a n. Burkei (red circle), and a bromeliad of some sort (pink circle; possibly a flaming sword or neoregalia 'fireball'). Any other gaps can then be plugged with my collection of airplants and broms!

And with the Meyer's lemon:

18 more days until Pickle Rick arrives!!

Getting there! Took a break to play with tentative plant positioning. Plants pictured:

• Lipstick plant (aeschynanthus spp.)
  • Carpet bugle (ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow')
  • Brass buttons (leptinella squalida 'Platt's Black')
  • Tropical pitcher plant (nepenthes varicosa)
  • Marble Queen pothos (Epipremnum aureum 'Marble Queen')
  • Creeping fig (ficus pumila)
  • Nerve plant (Fittonia albivenis)
  • Scotch moss (Sagina subulata 'Aurea')

View attachment 242114

Top down:

View attachment 242115

I plan on adding a "fluffy ruffles" Boston fern (green circle), a n. Burkei (red circle), and a bromeliad of some sort (pink circle; possibly a flaming sword or neoregalia 'fireball'). Any other gaps can then be plugged with my collection of airplants and broms!

View attachment 242116

And with the Meyer's lemon:

View attachment 242117

18 more days until Pickle Rick arrives!!
Looking really good.

That is weird I just ordered 2 dwarf Meyers lemons. Great minds think alike
:p

Let me know how yours go! They have very sturdy branches, and I'm very excited for the flowers. They smell amazing! Apparently the tree itself is very tolerant of heavy pruning, so I'm hopeful it'll do well

I cant wait to see it finished because it looks SWEET as is right now

Looking really good.

And thank you!! Getting so close to my favorite part - decorating!! :D ima get up in there with my tweezers and the superglue, place some moss, little accent roots/twigs... whatever I have on hand that can add some extra depth and interest! Maybe a couple little rocks toward the bottom of the wall? :unsure:

I ordered my Meyers Lemons from Stark Bros. They have a 1 year guarantee

Nice! :D I cheaped out and got this one at Rona (or Lowe's, for you non-Canadians haha!). It was essentially at clearance prices, and only cost me $25. I couldn't resist! It's not in the best shape and definitely doesn't have a warranty (one year?? That's bananas!), but I figure it'll clean up nice.

I ended up using about 8 cans of spray foam in total. Cocofibre wise, I purchased a 24qt bag of loose fiber and it looks like I'll be using approximately half of it, give or take.
Thanks a bunch. Just wanted to make sure I order/get enough so I don't run out half way through my build.

I LOVE your build!!! looks amazing. I am constantly adding to mine, I have found that even though I have a ton of sticks and branches Ripley decides to climb the wall and the screen in other spots so I am constantly adding more here and there :ROFLMAO:

Don’t waste money on the zoomed coconut fibre! You can get a bag twice the size for half the price from a hydroponics store.

Oh yes - totally forgot to mention that!! The only reason I have ZooMed loose fibre is because ofthe steep discount I get at work! And even then, probably still would have been a few bucks cheaper elsewhere

I LOVE your build!!! looks amazing. I am constantly adding to mine, I have found that even though I have a ton of sticks and branches Ripley decides to climb the wall and the screen in other spots so I am constantly adding more here and there :ROFLMAO:

Thank you!! During my "tests" with Lily, she was able to get around pretty well and wasn't climbing the walls (which she does in her own enclosure), so I'm hopeful that Pickle Rick approves! I'll watch his movement patterns and adjust accordingly, though adding more sticks might be a challenge haha! I'll definitely be adding some little root structures to the background so he can scale it easily as needed. :)

The 24 qt (about 23 litres)zoomed cocofibre is about $30-$35 Canadian before tax depending where you get it. I got a 50 litre bag for $23 after tax from the hydroponics store.

I'll be starting my viv construction this weekend. How many tubes of silicon have you gone thru so far? I currently have 4 to get me started. I will also be using a bunch of cork flats on my glass that wouldn't need to be covered with silicon/coco fiber.

I'll be starting my viv construction this weekend. How many tubes of silicon have you gone thru so far? I currently have 4 to get me started. I will also be using a bunch of cork flats on my glass that wouldn't need to be covered with silicon/coco fiber.

For my 2x2x4 I used about 15 or more tubes I think

Back
Top Bottom