CH Melleri Weights

Kat77

I thought it would be interesting to find out how all of your little Melleri are growing! My little Melleri (Okashi) that I got from Mike at FlChams was 19 grams as of today and approximately 8 or 9 inches. I am estimating since I couldn't get him/her to uncoil his/her tail. Anyone else?

Mine is bigger! The biggest one out of the 5 is 68gms and the smallest is 42
Mine were shipped to me at about 2 weeks old and they are on heavy duty roids and no plastic tubs!

Mine were shipped to me at about 2 weeks old and they are on heavy duty roids and no plastic tubs!

HOLY CRAP! Chuck you MUST be feeding them some roids! Another that I know of was 24 grams a couple weeks ago and I thought that was big. :eek:
Show me photos!! They're all five months right? Damn!

I've been meaning to get a new weight and picture on this guy, thanks for giving me the excuse to do it. 153 g, 15" stv. From last years clutch.
melleri_nov002.jpg

They are all in the 5 month range from Mike Monge.
Bill Love took some pics at my last show of the young Mellers
and I will post them when he sends them. This is one of my bad pics for now.

Attachments

• parsons 032.jpg
    parsons 032.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 390

chuck im assuming the meller i got from you at hamburg in june is one of these and mine is 114 grams and he eats about 8 appropriate sized insects a day hes bigger than my male panthers

i have had he/she in a 65 reptararium since i brought him home its never been shy from the day i got him hes been eating from tongs cause i was worried he wouldnt find the feeders in such a large cage but now he needs to move its getting a bit tight in there

Well guys I'm impressed! My little dude is looking dwarfed! I hope others weigh in (pun intended) with some Melleri a little closer to what I've been looking at. I got mine in mid to late-October, and he's gained about six grams since I got him. Now only forty more to go and he can catch up with your smallest, Chuck! :rolleyes:

Mine is 16 months.

He is gorgeous. I can't wait for my little guy to get that big!

The one I mentioned that is 24 grams (that I thought was such a beast until now) will soon be mine too :D. I'm addicted to these guys.

Update on Pat.

Pat was 14.4 the other day. He had some down time... I wasn't keeping him warm enough at night. The cool nights kinda snuck up on me and he lots a few grams. In about a month he has recovered 6 or more grams. He is now being fed three week old crickets as of today. He was gobling them up... so i think he's gonna start putting on some more weight soon. He also likes Silkies... im gonna try some other stuff with him. Also.. now that the crickets are larger I can dust them... before I wasn't able to, too small:eek:.

Pat was 14.4 the other day. He had some down time... I wasn't keeping him warm enough at night. The cool nights kinda snuck up on me and he lots a few grams. In about a month he has recovered 6 or more grams. He is now being fed three week old crickets as of today. He was gobling them up... so i think he's gonna start putting on some more weight soon. He also likes Silkies... im gonna try some other stuff with him. Also.. now that the crickets are larger I can dust them... before I wasn't able to, too small:eek:.

I'm glad Pat is doing well! Okashi doesn't seem to care for Silkworms. I'll leave them in there all day and he will just ignore them! :rolleyes:

Are they more like Panthers or Veiled?

Since the subject is on the melleri, are their personalities more like Panthers or Veiled.
Do they like eating vegetation(Collarded greens..etc) like the Veiled? How easy are they to care for if you already have had experience in both Panther and Veiled care.

Christine

Since the subject is on the melleri, are their personalities more like Panthers or Veiled.
Do they like eating vegetation(Collarded greens..etc) like the Veiled? How easy are they to care for if you already have had experience in both Panther and Veiled care.

Christine

Hey Christine. Your question is a bit off topic...:eek:;) BUT they are different in many ways from a veiled or panther but are also the same in some ways. some major differences are that Melleri like it cooler than panthers and veileds. When it comes to personality, I can only speak with my own experience. I have two WC adults and one baby CH. The two adults are great! Very calm. The first thing you will notice about a Melleri vs. a veiled or panther is the lack of agression.

Lots of people can tell you different experiences but I would maybe make a new thread;) If you would like to meet a Melleri I wouldn't mind inviting you over to see mine. I live in Brea, not far from you.

I just weighed Major and was shocked! 17 grams :)!!! The last time I weighed him he was a puny 10!

DSCN3108.jpg

In early from the studio, determined to NOT have another 20-hr work day...

I weighed the CHs today: 64g, 58g, and the rest 52g

I've let them get to 68F at night or a hair lower ambient, since they have a ceramic heat emitter in a 12" over one section of the long 260 gallon. They love to toast under that thing- big yawns and stretches. I've also started putting them on a single "clean-out" fast day each week, but I try to be random, as might occur in the wild state. I'm sure if I fed them a ton each day, they'd be heavier, but healthier? Unlikely. Their skins are like velvet, exquisitely hydrated, and in good flesh. No complaints! They are even becoming tame as they mature (two have been hellions to weigh in the past).

After things calm down from holidays and rushes, I'll take new pix.

My new little guy...about 6.5 months and CH from Mike, is 14 grams.

When did you get him Nikki?? Was it just yesterday? I'm excited for you!

In early from the studio, determined to NOT have another 20-hr work day...

I weighed the CHs today: 64g, 58g, and the rest 52g

I've let them get to 68F at night or a hair lower ambient, since they have a ceramic heat emitter in a 12" over one section of the long 260 gallon. They love to toast under that thing- big yawns and stretches. I've also started putting them on a single "clean-out" fast day each week, but I try to be random, as might occur in the wild state. I'm sure if I fed them a ton each day, they'd be heavier, but healthier? Unlikely. Their skins are like velvet, exquisitely hydrated, and in good flesh. No complaints! They are even becoming tame as they mature (two have been hellions to weigh in the past).

After things calm down from holidays and rushes, I'll take new pix.

Hey Kristina,

Why do you think there is such a WIDE variation in weights of these CH babies? There are babies in the teen range in weight and all the way up to the 60's. Is there something we can do to bring up the weight of the littler ones?

Last edited:
K rocks!

When did you get him Nikki?? Was it just yesterday? I'm excited for you!

Hey Kristina,

Why do you think there is such a WIDE variation in weights of these CH babies? There are babies in the teen range in weight and all the way up to the 60's. Is there something we can do to bring up the weight of the littler ones?

Competition (edit: between the Melleri to eat, is what I mean) and Kristina as a keeper are prolly keys to the large growth.:cool: She's a really good keeper from what I hear:p;):D.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom