Pez - not tracking food well

Dr. Lauren Thielen at Texas Avian & Exotic Hospital Is highly recommended. She runs the hospital and on the TV show Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER on NatGeo WILD.

Dr. Lauren Thielen at Texas Avian & Exotic Hospital Is highly recommended. She runs the hospital and on the TV show Dr. K's Exotic Animal ER on NatGeo WILD.
But if she advises the emergency vet that she needs to bask at 90-100, and that sunken eyes are normal, I’m not sure that TAEH is any good…. Why else would they tell the emergency hospital this incorrect information?

She's sleeping peacefully. :)
View attachment 338357
With flash.

View attachment 338358

But if she advises the emergency vet that she needs to bask at 90-100, and that sunken eyes are normal, I’m not sure that TAEH is any good…. Why else would they tell the emergency hospital this incorrect information?
I'm in the DFW area. The following are Vet's that specialize with Chameleons. Dr. Champane- Carrollton West Pet Hospital, Summertree Animal and Bird- Dr. Siu, and Dr. Jordan Gentry at Texas Avian. Also the Serpentarium (not Vets-its a Reptile store in Richardson, Tx) will do a free chameleon health check-up (anytime). Which includes a written plan of care that (if needed) can be shared with a Vet. They highly recommend Dr. Champane.

Last edited:

Did Dr. Thielen, pass along this advice or another vet there? There quite a few people here on the Forums that use her.

Did Dr. Thielen, pass along this advice or another vet there? There quite a few people here on the Forums that use her.
I’m not sure who exactly. But the emergency vet gets all their information (even feeders) from the vet next door.

How long should I expect her to live in general? Some here say 2-3 years for a female. Some places say longer.

She’s not eaten or had a movement in a while (bioactive cage so I don’t always see them anyway, but we’ve been watching for one). I’ve been wanting to take one to the vet for a fecal analysis, but she’s not eaten since Saturday at the emergency vet.

image.jpg

My girls that have been spayed live to 5 years. Linda (kinyonga) has females live to 7+ years. Her eyes are sinking in. That’s a very bad sign. She probable want have much longer. 😢😢😢

I'm in the DFW area. The following are Vet's that specialize with Chameleons. Dr. Champane- Carrollton West Pet Hospital, Summertree Animal and Bird- Dr. Siu, and Dr. Jordan Gentry at Texas Avian. Also the Serpentarium (not Vets-its a Reptile store in Richardson, Tx) will do a free chameleon health check-up (anytime). Which includes a written plan of care that (if needed) can be shared with a Vet. They highly recommend Dr. Champane.
Do all these places suggest the high temps for chameleons?

My girls that have been spayed live to 5 years. Linda (kinyonga) has females live to 7+ years. Her eyes are sinking in. That’s a very bad sign. She probable want have much longer. 😢😢😢
I know… :( She not looking good to me. She’s laid so many eggs in her lifetime, I’m wondering if it’s even helpful to do bloodwork now… :’(

She is in OH and she runs a 501c rescue. I spoke to someone else on here yesterday and they were going to send their female veiled to her for egg surgery and spay. Cheryl has vets that can successfully do that surgery. I thought you were the one with the sick female veiled that messaged me. Cheryl is awesome and if you do ever need her just let me know and I can give you her info.

She is in OH and she runs a 501c rescue. I spoke to someone else on here yesterday and they were going to send their female veiled to her for egg surgery and spay. Cheryl has vets that can successfully do that surgery. I thought you were the one with the sick female veiled that messaged me. Cheryl is awesome and if you do ever need her just let me know and I can give you her info.
Oh, good to know. No, that wasn’t me… Can she help at this point? Is bloodwork still good? Or are we too late?

Back
Top Bottom