B&W Photos

heartben

I was just curious to see if anyone else is into black and white photos. I haven't seen many black and white chameleon pics (for obvious reasons) but I thought it would be cool to have a thread where people post B&W photos of their chams (or anything else!).

here are a few I did to start the thread off
full

full

full

I hope to see some people post their photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats so cool. LOVE the tail pic! heres two that were in color. i made them "B&W"

Last edited:
i think this would be a great contest theme one month! we all KNOW they're awesome in color....but it's so "classic" in B&W! =)

thanks for posting! awesome pictures!

I just did a whole roll of film of my geckos and cham for my class! Ill try to scan some and put them up. Black and white photos make reptiles look really elegant. Love yours!

love that tail shot...that's awesome!

these are a few of the B&W effect on some color shots we've done....

AzlynnontheprowlBW.jpg

GargamelBW.jpg

whatareyoulookinatBW.jpg

loving the others so far!

jandie that last photo is great, lots of personality :)

thanks! i entered it in the photo contest (the color version in my avatar), but...not even in the top 3. :confused:

it's one of my favs. :) but we like it in the B&W too!

I think your chams are sick. They're lacking a little bit of color....

:p

On a serious note, I love black and white photos. It makes it look very professional; Kind of like a picture you would see on a postcard or something.

I was going to say you should enter it into the photo contest, but you already did so!

I think your chams are sick. They're lacking a little bit of color....

:p

On a serious note, I love black and white photos. It makes it look very professional; Kind of like a picture you would see on a postcard or something.

I was going to say you should enter it into the photo contest, but you already did so!

it did make it into the "running" for one of the calendar photos, but not a winner. <shrug> it's still one of my all time favorites. =)

Nice pics everyone!

I think a B&W theme might be cool one month. It sort of levels the playing field because its not about the most striking colors. There is still composition and tones of course but for example, female chams or less colorful chams in general might have a better shot at winning than usual.

Without the color you can focus more on texture and the form. I will admit that panthers initially caught my eye solely on color but every chameleon is truly incredible and taking the color out of the photos really makes you look at each individual cham differently. Also, I personally think it sort of ups the quality on less than fantastic cameras.

I am having a lot of fun going through pictures where I like the shot but not the colors and converting them to b&w. So if you have any old favorite shots but the colors aren't where ou want them, try it out! :)

couple more shots. any day time forum members want to throw up some shots?:)

full

full

I have a few! The first one is my favourite photo of my female sugar glider, Bubble, who is sadly no longer with us. I know she's not a cham, but you said to post any pics! :D

BWBubble1.jpg

Here are a few of Amy that I love too! :D
AMY290509-1.jpg

BWFacecloseup.jpg

BWinSunlight.jpg

1BW1.jpg

Check this out I did it with an app on my iPhone

RIP Rango my buddy :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321475406.106560.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321475406.106560.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 149
I totally missed your pics jan! the thread must of gotten pushed down really fast for me to miss those! I think they would REALLY pop if you adjusted the levels and contrast (if you know much about photoshop). I hope you dont mind but I messed with one just for fun for an example.
(I will take it down if you want, I just wanted to post an example of what can be done with levels and contrast)
camilleanouk08122010033.jpg

Here are some of my gecko I took today
full

full

full

Anyone else got some pics for us? I would be MORE than happy to edit your color pictures (or b&w if you dont know how to mess with it) for you!

I totally missed your pics jan! the thread must of gotten pushed down really fast for me to miss those! I think they would REALLY pop if you adjusted the levels and contrast (if you know much about photoshop). I hope you dont mind but I messed with one just for fun for an example.
(I will take it down if you want, I just wanted to post an example of what can be done with levels and contrast)
camilleanouk08122010033.jpg

Here are some of my gecko I took today
full

full

full

Anyone else got some pics for us? I would be MORE than happy to edit your color pictures (or b&w if you dont know how to mess with it) for you!

It looks great Ben! I don't have photoshop.

Back
Top Bottom