White spot?

I just took this shot of Spike. See how his middle bar has some darker coloring around it? That's actually red. The picture isn't good. But it's also black/grey at times, and also goes back to green. Completely different colors when he's in his PJs.

idk, it doesn't really look the same but this is all I've got 🤷‍♂️
1698240327065.png

I just took this shot of Spike. See how his middle bar has some darker coloring around it? That's actually red. The picture isn't good. But it's also black/grey at times, and also goes back to green. Completely different colors when he's in his PJs.

idk, it doesn't really look the same but this is all I've got 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 345474
Yeah ok this is the most similar picture I have seen as well! I think I saw another picture of Spike where I thought the same thing. I will continue to wait it out lol. As you can probably tell, this is my first Cham! And first reptile at that. So want to make sure everything is right.

How old is Spike? You mentioned in your other comment that it could be Rainy’s adult colors coming through. Also I swear his PJ colors look different as well (definitely lighter but even the spot possibly) but I’m hesitant to shine a light right on it and wake him up and it’s obviously dark so it’s hard to tell for sure.

Thank you for your help!

Yeah ok this is the most similar picture I have seen as well! I think I saw another picture of Spike where I thought the same thing. I will continue to wait it out lol. As you can probably tell, this is my first Cham! And first reptile at that. So want to make sure everything is right.

How old is Spike? You mentioned in your other comment that it could be Rainy’s adult colors coming through. Also I swear his PJ colors look different as well (definitely lighter but even the spot possibly) but I’m hesitant to shine a light right on it and wake him up and it’s obviously dark so it’s hard to tell for sure.

Thank you for your help!
No problem! I may be wrong I, just felt they look similar. Spike is almost 7 months (nov 9) for reference this is Spike in his PJs. Not the best angle but clearly those marks aren't there.

Screenshot_20230918_202315_Gallery.jpg

Now I was just going through Spikes pics and I just noticed something. Here is Spike in his resting spot NOT sleeping yet (but getting ready to. This was the end of the day) notice how on the bars that are blue you see the black outline?? But the white ones don't have it......so interesting

20231006_183956.jpg

I really think it’s just markings on the one side at least. Not sure about the other but the temp doesn’t get that hot in there. When we put the infrared gun on the spot, it’s in the low 80s and that is consistent with the charts.

Well this is interesting, I’m back with another update! Rainy just went through a big shed (the first I have seen since owning him) and coincidentally, those 2 spots are the last ones to shed? I added a pic that shows that both sides are the same

Attachments

• IMG_2881.jpeg
    IMG_2881.jpeg
    249.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2878.jpeg
    IMG_2878.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2877.jpeg
    IMG_2877.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 32
Well this is interesting, I’m back with another update! Rainy just went through a big shed (the first I have seen since owning him) and coincidentally, those 2 spots are the last ones to shed? I added a pic that shows that both sides are the same
Man I dunno. For sure its not a thermal burn?

This is really interesting. He also has some patches in other places. I wonder why this is!

Back
Top Bottom