Can't confirm new arrival is eating or drinking

Any idea what the going rate is for a fecal check I should expect from a Vet?
It really depends. Some vets as low as $25 and up to $75. If they require you to bring in the cham for a vet check first varies from vet to vet. But all would require to see the cham if the fecal came back positive and required treatment. My vet will let me drop off a fecal. She does not like having chams come in for just a fecal check unless there is a reason for it like it comes back positive. But if it comes back negative she does not require them to be brought in. Just no need to stress them for no reason.

Make sure you check with them too beforehand, my vet will do a "basic" fecal in-house for $30 but if you want the comprehensive testing that is more sensitive and checks for more types of parasites it's $75 but they send it out to a 3rd party lab.

YMMV with your own though.

It's crucial to closely monitor your new Veiled Chameleon's behavior. Given her recent arrival and potential stress, continue offering a variety of small crickets and maintaining a well-misted environment for hydration. Consider introducing a different feeder like small silkworms or phoenix worms to entice her appetite. Additionally, consult a vet.

An update on Queen Esther. She is doing fantastic!! Eating well and enjoying her environment. Here is a photo of her. I would like to express appreciation to all who contributed and responded to my inquiries.

Attachments

• Queen.jpg
    Queen.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 24
Back
Top Bottom