Day 29

Kind of poor quality but Im trying to get photos of him not hanging upside down. The lighting wasn't the best underneath all of the foliage.
DSC_0182_zps1f89e5f3.jpg

Well 33 days in and I just now saw this thread! Naboo is gorgeous and seems quite the little character! He looks awesome and oh so colourful! Can't wait to see Naboo progress with the pics! Great idea for a thread Travis!! :)

He's getting so big and so handsome too! He colors are coming in nicely. :)
Thanks so much Jann! Your comments are always so positive and nice :)

Nice progression...
Thank you :)

Well 33 days in and I just now saw this thread! Naboo is gorgeous and seems quite the little character! He looks awesome and oh so colourful! Can't wait to see Naboo progress with the pics! Great idea for a thread Travis!! :)
You are great! Thank you :D Better late then never right? XD

Day 34

He popped a shed today but I wasn't in time for the beautiful post-shed colours. I got his grumpy "get that thing out of my face" colours ;)
DSC_0222_zps91ad547a.jpg

Mind if I use this idea? Just got a baby veiled chameleon not too long ago and would love to do this same idea to track his growth. :D

Day 39

Okay. So unfortunately I've noticed that Naboo's growth rate is no where near as fast as one might expect. I contacted Brock and asked for photos of the other clutch mates and they seem to dwarf my poor little Naboo. Brock said he is around the same size as the smallest of the clutch. So it's a possibility Naboo is a runt, however this does not disappoint me. Runts can still grow up to be beautiful adults, and it will make this thread much more interesting to see how long it takes for a runt to catch up in size. Please note I am offering a very generous amount of food including a nice variety. I properly supplement these insects (Calcium every feeding, CalD3 and MV every 2 weeks). He has a basking temp. of 83-84*F and a 5.0UVB light. He also has a ficus benjamina which helps maintain a 60-80% humidity level. If anyone has advice for raising runts I would love to read your suggestions, so please share :) Anyways, enough chit chat, here's todays photo!
DSC_0259_zpsad438561.jpg

i apologize if you have said it somewhere in the thread before but make sure you check him for parasites because i have heard that they can stunt growth.

Back
Top Bottom