Yoko is Gone

Solid Snake

Avid Member
This morning I found Yoko with heavily sunken eyes, and bleeding from her nostrils and vent.

The other two thamnos were already up and about, while she was mostly keeping her eyes closed, and not moving.

I gave her fluids, cleaned her up, and have her under a heat lamp (its quite cool and rainy this morning).

I did find what looks like a small puncture on her hind leg, but its incredibly small, and Im unsude how it could have caused these issues.

She was fine yesterday, and seemed fine last nite.

Does anyone have any bright ideas as to what may be the issue?

She is laying on a pothos, barely holding on to the branches. :(

I dont have before pics, but I have current ones, as well as ones of something she passed a few min. ago Im uploading now.

What an awful thing to wake up to. All I could think of is something bite her. They were still outside correct? if she was inside I would have even less idea. I am so very sorry.
This is the third one of our imports in 2 weeks. There is no reason for any of them. My heart goes out to you.

After a shower, and giving her some fluids, she passed this:

P7310502.jpg

P7310505.jpg

It was mostly clear gel type material, with some obvious traces of blood, and some yellow crystalline material that looked similar to an unhealthy urate, and no poo.

The small puncture mark:
P7310506.jpg

P7310507.jpg

P7310509.jpg

That doesn't look like anything I have ever seen. All I can say is the blood would make it seem that it could be an internal organ issue.

What an awful thing to wake up to. All I could think of is something bite her. They were still outside correct? if she was inside I would have even less idea. I am so very sorry.
This is the third one of our imports in 2 weeks. There is no reason for any of them. My heart goes out to you.

Yes they are outside. They were all supposed to move to a new setup today. :(

I have a strong feeling she will not make it.

I have done everything I know to do for her.

Im going to put her back in her enclosure now.

It looks like something has eaten part of her vent.

Maybe crickets got to her?

Im not sure, but she opened her eyes back up outside, and seemed a tad better.

The other two are perfect, and her and Kuze always sleep right next to each other, so I would think they would have eaten on him too.

Also, there are fresh herbs growing in the enclosure, along with multiple other edible plants, and likely a bit of cricket crack. So Im unsure as to why they may have wanted to attack a chameleon?

Ill let you guys know how she does.

What a mystery. Is there any chance it could have been a parasite or similar that she came with? Poor little thing, she doesn't look well. I'm glad she's with you and has the best possible chance.

F@%! Dude... I am so sorry Snake... :(

Are any insects from outside the enclosure able to get in?

With the size of crickets they are able to eat right now i wouldnt think one would do enough damage to cause this. But i may be wrong...

So sorry to see this buddy. I would have to go with the thought that something has gotten to her in the night maybe some tiny ants or another small critter. I wish I could offer more help. I would say keeping her warm, hydrated and comfotable is about the most you can do right now.
Really man my heart goes out to you.

F@%! Dude... I am so sorry Snake... :(

Are any insects from outside the enclosure able to get in?

With the size of crickets they are able to eat right now i wouldnt think one would do enough damage to cause this. But i may be wrong...

Not really, they would have to tunnel in. I have been finding quite a few large assassin bugs on the enclosure though.

They could certainly get their stingers through the mesh, but Im not sure what kind of effect it would have on a chameleon.:confused:

So sorry to see this buddy. I would have to go with the thought that something has gotten to her in the night maybe some tiny ants or another small critter. I wish I could offer more help. I would say keeping her warm, hydrated and comfotable is about the most you can do right now.
Really man my heart goes out to you.

Thanks man.

Im finishing up another enclosure in a different location for them now.

Ill transfer them, and then really go through their current enclosure and see what I can find. Ive never noticed anything strange in there before, but its fairly overgrown so who knows.

Thanks for all the kind sentiments, and ideas everyone.

I'm sorry that she isn't doing well. Maybe a spider got in? I don't know if the assassin bugs could have caused it but those things can and will bite. I was thinking spider because she is bleeding out of her nose and vent. I've never had a chameleon bleed when they died.

It's so tough to see one so poorly, and I am sorry you are going through this. Amy had bloody discharge from her nostrils and mouth when she was really poorly, but this was due to infection in most of her organs. It really is hard to see them like this.

Oh my gosh :( I'm really sorry SS. my heart goes out to you and your pretty girl. Its hard when you do everything you can and something still happens

Back
Top Bottom