Yoko is Gone

I am very sorry for you loss. :( She is at peace now, and there is no more need about worry for her :) She was very beautiful, I have seen no other chameleon that looks like her.

So sorry

I am really sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing these events with everyone so we all learn from this tragedy. Yoko was obviously well cared for.

I lost a juvenile Ambilobe a few weeks back. They look so helpless looking when they are sick and dying, which just makes the loss more difficult.

Awww, she was a real beauty. There's nothing worse than finding your animal poorly out of the blue and knowing by instinct there's nothing you can do. I've been there a few times. U did the best u could

Thanks everyone.

I know that she was not neglected, and had a fair fighting chance.

Thats enough for me.

Such a short life though, I just feel like she was cheated.

Sorry to hear Snake... RIP Yoko..

One thing I find odd, is when mine passed I found her the same way, burrowed in the dirt tail out. I wonder if this is something instinctual or just coincidental?

Im going to go with instinctual.

This is the first chameleon I have lost, so Im unsure whether others do the same.

I just wish I knew exactly what happened, that way I could take measures to safe-guard the others. ;/

Just trying to learn from this, and there doesnt seem much to go on.

Anyhow, if you drink today, drink for Yoko.

Cheers...

really sorry to hear that... i can't imagine losing my cham and i haven't had her very long... my condolences..

Aww, man, I was really pulling for her. It seems like we were all cheated with her being here such a short, short time.

Here's to you, Yoko.

Thanks everyone.

I know that she was not neglected, and had a fair fighting chance.

Thats enough for me.

Such a short life though, I just feel like she was cheated.

Im going to go with instinctual.

This is the first chameleon I have lost, so Im unsure whether others do the same.

I just wish I knew exactly what happened, that way I could take measures to safe-guard the others. ;/

Just trying to learn from this, and there doesnt seem much to go on.

Anyhow, if you drink today, drink for Yoko.

Cheers...

I know what you mean. And with them being so small, it makes any diagnosis that much harder without obvious issues.

Out with the bad, and IN with the Jager...

Last edited:
Really sorry many. I'm gunna crack one for Yoko right now. It's never easy but at least you know I did everything u could. Really sorry buddy
R.I.P Yoko

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343846389.856111.jpg

This one is for you and Yoko
Just now on my deck

I’m sorry to hear about Yoko. It’s a shame that some of you are starting to lose these rare specimens.

The only way you will truly know how and why she died is a proper necropsy. We are only guessing. To assume she wasn’t imported with parasites (remember not all parasites are detected by fecal exams) or that she didn’t obtain them stateside is incorrect. Perhaps an insect bite didn’t start the problem but the bite marks you saw happened when she was in an already debilitated state and couldn’t move or defend herself. Don’t forget Donahue had the same problems a few months back, maybe there is something toxic in your environment that a smaller chameleon couldn’t overcome.

A necropsy will help you better the care you give to the rest of your collection as well as potentially help the rest of the Brady crew in the US. Considering the money you guys spent on these animals a necropsy is a small price to pay to ensure the health of the rest of them.

Trace

So sorry :-(
always heartbreaking when a chameleon is receiving the best care and attention and something still slips through the net...
I hope you find your cause so you can be at peace. X

My condolences. Sorry to see that she didn't make it and hope that no more of these babies join the ones you guys have lost.

Back
Top Bottom